Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I’m getting ready to reattach my top to my 84 Bronco XLT. I am reusing the weatherstrip on the left and right that go under the top along the bed rails. It looks like it needs to be screwed on and glued to the bottom. Does anyone know what screws to use to attach the weatherstrip to the bottom of the fiberglass top?
Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hi folks,
I’m getting ready to reattach my top to my 84 Bronco XLT. I am reusing the weatherstrip on the left and right that go under the top along the bed rails. It looks like it needs to be screwed on and glued to the bottom. Does anyone know what screws to use to attach the weatherstrip to the bottom of the fiberglass top?
Thanks
Hello, you can try this link. They have many things available on that hard ware page as well as the weather strip section. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
14,894 Posts
I don't think the weather stripping for the topper is either screwed or glued..the previous owner may have done that..probably should look into getting a new weather strip if that's the case.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I don't think the weather stripping for the topper is either screwed or glued..the previous owner may have done that..probably should look into getting a new weather strip if that's the case.
Yes it is for the bedrail parts. It's a sort of glue that's applied to it and the screws are to stretch out the rubber an align it before the glue dries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
14,894 Posts
Yes it is for the bedrail parts. It's a sort of glue that's applied to it and the screws are to stretch out the rubber an align it before the glue dries

I stand corrected..learn something new every day..been so long since I've had a top on mine I don't even remember..

·
Registered
549 Posts
I stand corrected..learn something new every day..been so long since I've had a top on mine I don't even remember..
Hopefully I won't have to do it again for a long long time it was a major pain in the ass to scrape off all that old adhesive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts