Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you experienced builders had better luck with one brand of weatherstripping kits over another? Im looking for quality kits (good design, durable, ease of install) that have every weatherstripping piece included. GO!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I am finally tackling the weatherstripping project. I looked up the kit on JBG, the one thats $309 (supposed all encompassing kit), and it doesn't seem to include anything for the shell/removable top or the tailgate pieces. Am I wrong and it does include it or would that be separate form the kit I am looking for. Are there other kits out there from different sellers that include EVERYTHING in one fell swoop? Anything and everything related to rubber (except tires) and weatherstripping on this Bronco needs to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
5,105 Posts
I am not aware of any kits that have ALL the weatherstripping pieces all in one easy click. I am in the process of replacing all of it in my 78 and I pieced it all together from the Dennis Carpenter website. It took some time. I essentially copied part numbers and descriptions from the site onto an excel spreadsheet until I had all of listed out, then I placed the order by searching the PN and adding it to my cart.

All of the WS, not including the wing window or sliding glass topper windows ran me about $1200.00. Its pricey. I cant personally attest to the other sites quality (although I have heard good things about JBG), I can tell you that the DC stuff is top notch. They use original tooling, so it even has the Ford oval stamped in...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just did the full JBG kit on my '78. All new rubber, glass runs, and weatherstripping on both doors, windshield, tailgate and top. So far I am very happy with it. It all fits as it should and keeps the leaks out as it should, and from what I can tell is less than half the price of the DC stuff.

Edit: I should have specified..I ordered the Bronco super weatherstrip kit, which did the doors/windshield/tailgate and then had to get the "quarter panel to top" and "front top" weatherstrips separately. Total it was under $600 probably closer to $500

1 - 6 of 6 Posts