Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to ask such a stupid question but I cannot find the weight of my bronco can anyone help it's a 1988 bronco full size with a 302 v-8 4x4 I am trying to figure if I can tow this vehicle on a flatbed trailer or if I'm going to exceed my weight limits on my truck thanks for any feed back
Shorty

·
Forward Some Money
5,028 Posts
Plan on it being around 5000 lbs plus or minus 200. I weighed both my 89 and a 94 and they were about the same. Dont forget to empty the gas tank. Theres a couple hundred pounds too.

Steve....I think that door plate is off a 96 F250. (that's what the VIN sample indicates.)

J. R.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Slam the door with the rust that falls off it will be lighter

·
Registered
57 Posts
badpony93 said:
my 93 with the 5.8 says gvw is around 6300
That is the maximum amount the truck can weigh WITH something in the back of it, not the actual weight of the truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok I called the dealership and they took the vin #and they told me it weighed between 6,000 and 7,000 pounds and that is a rough estemate he said but thanks for the tips I expecially like the slam the door and get the rust off of it that was great!!! thanks again all Shorty

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
ok I called the dealership and they took the vin #and they told me it weighed between 6,000 and 7,000 pounds and that is a rough estemate...
The idiot is reading the GVW.

According to this, the curb weight is 4616, and that would have been taken from the Ford Spec Sheet.

http://auto.consumerguide.com/Auto/Used/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/2158/Act/usedcarreviewspecs/

6000-7000 is ridiculous unless you have heavily modified it. My 2003 F-350 crew cab/longbox dually barely weighs 7000. :duh

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I weighed my 91 xlt 5.8L at the dumps. Empty with a 1/4 tank of gas, bone stock truck except for 32's weighed in at 4500 pounds

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Our 87 was 4800 lbs on a scale without the top on..

·
Practicing Infidel
15,308 Posts
After I got my fat @$$ off the truck scales

at the garbage dump, my 86 Eddie Bauer Bronco weighed 4400 lbs with a full tank and heavy tool box under the hood.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
400 lbs more cause of my tires.. wow.. well 40's are pretty heavy. :)

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Steve, yer an animal..

·
Registered
370 Posts
MIne weighed in at 5510 with my 190 pound ass in it and a half tank. I don't carry anything with me in my truck.

·
Thanks 351w500
5,447 Posts
did u scrap it ? if so how much did you get an if not do u know how much they payed per pound ?
For one please look at the date of his post, it was 5 yrs ago :twak No he didn't scrap it, when you haul a load to the dumps they weigh you when you go in and weigh you when you leave to see how much crap you just jumps was.

Call your local scrap yard if you want the cost of scrap metal cause the price is different every where.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts