Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a 1990 ford bronco - fuel gauge hasn't worked since I bought it. After some research I found that a lot of times it's the fuel control relay which is supposed to be located under the hood on the passenger fender about 12inches behind the battery (right?) I went to look there, and I found the strangest thing ever. There is an 8 inch long hollow metal can which isn't mounted to anything laying on that fender where I'm told my fuel control relay should be. This super light hollow feeling coffee can looking thing has a 3inch by 3inch rubber square on the top which looks like it was made like that or somebody really took some time and it has a red and a black wire running into this rubber square. What the heck could this thing be??? Am I just clueless and all ford broncos have this weird looking thing or has somebody thrown this thing in there for some crazy purpose??? Anybody have any ideas????

·
Registered
10 Posts
I pressure washed an earlier Ford and peeled the paint from said can. It had a Maryland Club label! I still am not certain if someone did an excellent job of duplicating the cover, or if it was factory. The vehicle definitely did not show that level of owner craftsmanship elsewhere.
Paul

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.