Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird thing happen when i'm taking off from a green light...i notice the rear sort of dropps a little after i release the brake and go to the gas...it's not the kind of drop when you take off because of the engine pull, it's almost like a pre-load shock drop...does this make sense...could this be the shocks, or the leaf springs?...i changed from very old Rancho shocks, to Napa shocks and it's a little more noticeable now...thanks for the help....

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had a problem like that and it was the drive shaft. i had to lube the splines and it went away. htere is a boot in the middle that has to be pulled back after you undo the rear u-joint from the diff. make sure to chock the front wheels.
great...thanks for the info....

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
Check the rear spring brackets....Mine were rusted out. One broken completely.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I've done both, and I'd grease 100 driveshaft splines to ONE spring bracket. It sucks.

·
The Anti Yam!
22,680 Posts
How bad is this "Drop"?

Have you watched it from the outside?

I'm voting for weak return springs in the drums causing the shoes to hold the drum until you press the gas.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm voting for weak return springs in the drums causing the shoes to hold the drum until you press the gas.
Good call, I also have this problem. Lubed the shaft/yoke checked brackets ect. Never thought of rear brakes...I am going to check it out :thumbup

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have had a problem like that and it was the drive shaft. i had to lube the splines and it went away. htere is a boot in the middle that has to be pulled back after you undo the rear u-joint from the diff. make sure to chock the front wheels.
While you have it off put a zerk fitting on the slip yoke and then you can grease it whenever JM2C

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How bad is this "Drop"?

Have you watched it from the outside?

well, i haven't seen it from the outside...to me it's not huge, but who knows...my wife doesn't even notice what i'm talking about, but she hardly notices anything about the truck...clueless....:twak

1 - 11 of 11 Posts