Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a strange one. Every now and then (and ONLY when I'm gassing her up), I get a pretty good draining of odorless liquid that seems to pour down from just in front of the drivers door. I opened the hood, but it doesn't seem to be from the engine bay. Instead, it looks like it's right behind the driver's side wheel well. Any ideas? Airconditioning, maybe? And it's strange that it only happens when I fuel up (as far as I know).

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
The a/c evaporator is on the passenger side of the truck. I'd see if there's an accumulation of debris in the drain holes under the cowl piece (that perforated part that extends the width of the truck, and where the windshield wiper arms poke through).

·
penis
3,318 Posts
The a/c evaporator is on the passenger side of the truck. I'd see if there's an accumulation of debris in the drain holes under the cowl piece (that perforated part that extends the width of the truck, and where the windshield wiper arms poke through).
True but if it is hot enough the hoses will build up moister .Look on the outside. Check under your truck. I am confused are you sure it is not happening at times other than when you are filling it up. Here is another question what color is it? Orderless could mean a wide array of fluids.
Red-Tranny fluid
Brown- Oil or burnt tranny fluid
Yellow-Urin May have order so may not apply
Green- Coolant
Clear-Water

·
Howdy howdy howdy!
5,513 Posts
Maybe it happens whenever you shut off your truck. At the gas station you tend to focus on your truck more then when you get home after a drive.

·
Registered
852 Posts
How about.....Is there a big puddle of water always in the driveway (or gutter) of the gas station? Maybe when you go through it, it sprays water up into the wheel well, then you notice it. ???

·
Premium Member
9,995 Posts
What about the window washer side of the over flow tank, the rubber hose to the squirters is right there on the plastic fender liner which slopes down right where he's talking about..................or SigEBlue's cowl leak suggestion.

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Blinker flluid leaking out

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Blinker flluid leaking out
I knew it! :duh:toothless:

Thanks for all of the suggestions...my mechanic suggested A/C but I'm not sure I'm buying it. It is CLEAR and odorless--that's what made it all the stranger. And no, it hasn't rained here in quite a while. I'll check the cowl and I also like the window washer suggestion. I'll check in and let you guys know what I find.

·
User that is Registered
998 Posts
You know that unless the humidity is low your AC condenses water out of the air and that water drips out of the truck, right? Remember that cool air retains less moisture than warm air because its molecules are less excited and more densely packed, leaving less room for moisture.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You that that unless the humidity is low your AC condenses water out of the air and that water drips out of the truck, right? Remember that cool air retains less moisture than warm air because its molecules are less excited and more densely packed, leaving less room for moisture.
Interesting! I live in a VERY dry area. Possible?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts