Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two weird noises coming from the passenger side of my '88 Bronco that I discovered tonight. When accelerating i hear a whirring coming from under the truck on the passenger side around the backseat. Also a seperate noise that sounds like when you have pebbles or gravel stuck in the wheel well but under the passenger door. that noise occurs when I am driving around not accelerating. I know there is a separate noise coming from the passenger door and that I believe is because the door is sagging since I need to rebuild the hinges which I am planning to do as soon as it is warm enough to be outside for more than 5 minutes with feeling in my fingers. They are only occasional noises but slightly annoying.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the second noise may be the cat. I was figuring earlier in the week that I might as well work my way down the exhaust system in replacement since I just replaced my muffler and tailpipe since the original one rotted off. Would the cat converter noise be something to worry about? Also how hard are the back wheel bearings to change? are they like the front ones?

·
Administrator
22,853 Posts
if it is a 9 in then you only remove the axle from the out side... if its an 8.8 then you need to remove the c-clips from the center to be able to slide the axles out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts