Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The throttle sticks at idle when taking off from a start. Took t cable off throttle body to see when the prob is. Its definitley the t body sticking. However, when the engine is off the stick goes away and the tbody is smooth.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Check IAC.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
The throttle sticks at idle when taking off from a start. Took t cable off throttle body to see when the prob is. Its definitley the t body sticking. However, when the engine is off the stick goes away and the tbody is smooth.

Any ideas?
Are you sure it's not the orange plastic outer covering around the cable that's broken and jams? Just like mine does? When I hit the throttle lever when under the hood the orange sleeve hits the end of the cable and won't budge, though by using the pedal from inside it's fine.........

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure it's not the orange plastic outer covering around the cable that's broken and jams? Just like mine does? When I hit the throttle lever when under the hood the orange sleeve hits the end of the cable and won't budge, though by using the pedal from inside it's fine.........
Why would it be fine with engine off vs engine running?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Why would it be fine with engine off vs engine running?
Just throwing another idea out there. Mine has jammed twice while driving, and catches regularly when I'm working under the hood. Could be vibration in my case, obviously not quite sure in his.........

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I'm thinking of getting another one from the bone yard to see what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts