Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ReadyWelder

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, had a deal on a Weld Pak 3200HD for a good price .. douchebag responded to two emails and never again .. I got Paypal on his ass and got my coin back .. so, here I am debating welders again. I will most likely go with the following :

SP135 PLUS http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2583023082&category=45032 infinite adjustment

SP135T http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2582711347&category=45032 4 heat settings

but have been REEAALLY struggling with the ReadyWelder http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2582046361&category=45032 for ease of use and overall "bang for the buck" but would have to buy another battery for my dual setup (that's good a excuse)............. anybody know anything about these?

Write ups look good .. what would you do?

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
You know how I feel about a mig having voltage and wire speed settings, but that better one does seem like quite a bit more expensive than your last deal. if I were you, I'd put the money away, until you find another deal, like you had before

·
Registered
63 Posts
Damager said:
Write ups look good .. what would you do?
Before you spend your money on any of these you must first decide what you want to do.
The readywelder would be a neat tool to take on the trails with you, if you wheel hard/far enough to justuify it.
The Lincoln135 is great if you are doing light fab/body work.
If you are serious about doing a bit of welding where joining two or more pieces of metal heavier than 3/16 will be encountered on a regular basis move on up to a 185 or 250amp machine.
I have 5 welding machines in my shop and the one that is most used is the one that is the most universal, a Miller millermatic251mig unit w/spoolgun attachment. I can weld aluminum with the spool gun, lay it dawn on the table and pick up the main stinger and weld fixture/tabs to the steel table without missing a beat. The other 4 machines are a Hobart500amp mig unit, a Lincoln sp250 mig and a Miller econotig, and a Miller syncrowave 250 tig/stick unit.

After purchasing my lincoln I found out that supprt for the spool gun was not available, it being a computer controlled unit using proprietary boards made it very ungood for my use, the econotig don't have enough ass for most of my tig requirements,its only rated at 145 amps.

·
TTB Hater of course
3,099 Posts
I've seen a Ready Welder in use and had the opportunity to take it apart/load wire in it. I think they're really cool for what they are. Probably not the *ideal* shop welder but it clearly has other advantages. Only you can decide.

·
press ALT+F4
4,279 Posts
You want it for working in your shop, right? SP135+ would be my choice of your choices. I weld on the trail with a couple batteries and a couple sets of jumper cables. 6011 and nickel-free CI rods in a ziploc under the seat. You don't get any current regulation, but you get home. I have to admit the little squirtgun is cute, though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts