Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm thinking about building a set of square tube rock sliders like some others have already built / posted on here. The question is can it be welded together with an oxyacetelyn welder? It's the only welder I have although I may be able to borrow a buddies 110v mig.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Is it possible? Yes, but.........
Unless you have quite a bit of experience oxy/acetylene welding,(Im assuming you dont since youre asking this question) its going to be a frustrating endeavor. Borrow the MIG, practice a bit and build the sliders with it.

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Is it possible? Yes, but.........
Unless you have quite a bit of experience oxy/acetylene welding,(Im assuming you dont since youre asking this question) its going to be a frustrating endeavor. Borrow the MIG, practice a bit and build the sliders with it.
A crappy mig can be just as frustrating as any other form...

·
Enjoy my
6,056 Posts
A crappy mig can be just as frustrating as any other form...
Especially the harbor freight ones...its so much fun pulling the torch apart and cleaning it :banghead

·
yes
1,769 Posts
Especially the harbor freight ones...its so much fun pulling the torch apart and cleaning it :banghead
I think that's the problem right there. My uncle passed away and left me a garage full of CRAP from Harbor Freight! After one or two uses they become garage sale items.
Like i said...crappy ones...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yah i figured that was gunna be the answer but i'm still lookin forward to gettin some scrap and practicing welding. I also thought that the square tube sliders would be a good first project. Simple angles and cuts and looks pretty straightforward.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.