Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been checking out this site for a few years, but haven't posted too much. I've had a 66 Bronco, an 88 fullsize, and now my 91 Silver anniversary.
My current Bronco was bought in 2000 with only 25,000 miles on it. It now has just flipped 100k, and is showing it's age. Tailgate's rusted, drivers side quarter is rusting, and it has some damage from a wreck 3 years ago that I just can't find time to fix. It's also leaking oil from somewhere, but still runs great.
I've got a new hood, tailgate, and other misc. pieces for it, and plan on getting my 85 Mustang SVO on the road this spring so i can tear into the Bronco. It'll get all the new parts put on, new body mounts, a thouruogh scraping and cleaning of the frame, and possibly the frame POR15'd. Then shot with a new coat of Currant Red.
I'm doing some minor mods, too such as the newer mirrors, maybe some busshwacker flares, and chrome step bars.
I picked up a bunch of parts this past weekend, and am sorting thru them to see what I'll keep and what i'll sell to fund what I need to buy.

The Bronco's pretty stock, with a Pioneer CD player and Infinity Kappa speakers. I've been thinking about a lift, as the front is sagging so much the bumpstops are almost resting on the frame.
I'm also putting in a rollbar along with rear shoulder belts for my kids.
Anyone local to Franklin or Indianapolis want to help out? Kids to keep my kids occupied are definately welcome! I have 2 and 5 year olds girls.

·
Banned
5,463 Posts
bossind has a good thread about fixing the rust. A few other people do too.

I have 190k on my 1990 and so far very little sagging in the front. The back leaf springs must have sagged a little bit because the truck is level.

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
with little kids i'd just buy some new stock hight coils, put the money towards body and drivetrain, then down teh road, when kids are bigger, you can spend the money needed for a solid lift done right.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, I double posted... Trying to get the post count up... Just kidding.
Shame on me. I posted here, but then realized my post wasn't really Midwest "Wheeling" related, then noticed the "Introduction" forum...
I'm definately not new to forums, as I frequent a couple Mustang forums... I did look like a noobie though, huh?
Fortville... you good with a welder? I've got one, but only have done a few small welds... Nothing like a roll bar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts