Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says i blew my rearend out of my bronco. and what sucks is the front went out weekend before. guess the 40's just to much for the truck. but anyways a few questions. i have searched for "the spring trick" and cant find nothin about it can some one ppoint me into the right direction for this. and last i have a set of 4.11 to put back into my bronco but i am thinkin about goin 4.56 this truck is seldom off road and mostly street driven but when it sees off road use it sees alot. my question is do you thi nk i would be better with the 4.56's or the 4.11's my truck is a eb with 40" tsl's thakns for the help

·
Registered
24 Posts
i got 4.11 front and back with detroit locker in back on my mine with 35" mickey thompsons. i got 351W. really good. im same way, mostly street driven, some offroad. if your gonna go 40" then yeah i say go at least 4.56 gears if not more. get ready for your truck to rev high and top speed be low though.

·
ate lug
88, 90, 96 broncos, 96 F250
9,192 Posts
I assume you still have the 8.8 out back, correct? If so i wouldnt go to 5.13s, that pinion will be tiny if you do. 4.56 would be ideal (in terms of r&p strength), 4.88 at the lowest.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for all the info looks like 4.56's is the way to go. and yes i no the spring trick is for the front end not the rear and also it isthe 8.8 under the truck. and reptillikus i like your ride well looks like it'stime to give four wheel parts a call.

·
Registered
222 Posts
8.8.......................= CRAP!!!!! yes yes anyone can say what they like about it being a wonderfull rear end. but it is C-clipped and thats enough for me.
I rebuilt mine and what a waste.

Swap that for a 9 or sterling rear. The 8.8 is just garbage and with 40" your just looking to break it again.

·
Dead Horse
5,933 Posts
the front and rear are going to keep going out with those 40's

put a solid axle under it, a dana60, and a 10.25 sterling rear.
then you will be set

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well see believe it or not the front and rear end lasted longer than what i thought. and mostly when it see off road use is when i go camping or get to drinkin alot which is what happened this time. i dont put this truck in heavy woods or deep mudd because i no it'll break. i just drive it on the road i have a beater truck to go out and bash with. and if evrything goes right it will be sittin on the 40's thats under the bronco with a sas i aint spendin all the money and all the work just to drive it on the highway and it very rarley ever has the front shaft in anyways i have never got it in a spot i couldn't get it out of in 2 wheel peel.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.