Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few weeks of searching, I finally got my Bronco. `1990 XLT with custom black into red paint. The body is sharp and clean, no rust. The guy I bought it from is a teacher at a local tech school and he teaches bodywork. The engine runs great, might be an exhaust leak, but it sounds cool. I either need to find a new red cloth driver seat or patch up the one I have, one tear on the left side that lets a spring DIG into my thigh everytime I get out. He did a full tune up for me, I checked the spark plugs and the oil and they were both new. As he went to get the car detailed he blew out one of the Super Swamper Thornbird TSL's he had so he threw the stockers back on. Both tires have their own sets of wheels, the stockers looked polished or chrome and he said 33" Thornbirds are on a 15x11 or 11.5 black wheel(these he got from a friend so he didn't know the exact width). He put the mudders in the back and then dropped the price from $2800 to $2500. Extremely nice guy only 23-24, seems like everyone in his town knows him and he played baseball for Temple. I think I got a great deal on this truck.

I'll get pictures when the sun comes up if it doesn't rain.

·
Garage kept
1,186 Posts
Pics Pics

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Did you say you have stock tires on the front and 33's on the back? That's an invitation to break stuff if you wanna use 4x4

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
:imp sounds good
pics needed

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,970 Posts
Cool. Where are ya? You mentioned he went to temple and thats not too far from where I am now at widener U.

Adrianspeede

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ToddACimer said:
Did you say you have stock tires on the front and 33's on the back? That's an invitation to break stuff if you wanna use 4x4
no no, that'd be crazy, he put the stockers back on and he put the larger mudders in the back as in trunk, I just didn't word it right.

adrianspeeder said:
Cool. Where are ya? You mentioned he went to temple and thats not too far from where I am now at widener U.

Adrianspeede
IIRC, Widener is in Chester right? Then you are maybe 45 minutes from me, tops. I live right outside of Cherry Hill in Marlton, NJ

As far as pics go, it has been a crappy day so it wasn't worth it. But I have begun the learning process of driving a manual. Got along pretty well, I just need to work on not looking at the tach when going from a stop, then begin working on starting from a hill. It's kind of nice knowing when I go to work in morning at 5 am, there isn't much of any traffic.

Although I have decent amount of smoke coming out of the exhaust when I first start up and then it sllows up a little. I failed inspection because of the tint it had... stupid NJ laws...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya, I plan on repainting the top soon.

BUT, I have come across some problems today. I started a seperate post for that because it will probably get more hits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts