Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
Cool, can't wait to see the progress.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Awesome. Should we assume all work prep-finish will be done by you?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Holy Shit, i miss read that, i read "I'm parting the bronco!" scared me
haha, i read the title and thought, he's selling it, there goes another one. dammit and i really liked his.

then i read it and that --
Holy Shit, i miss read that, i read "I'm parting the bronco!" scared me
-- was my first impression also.

good to hear your keeping those colors. i also like the combo.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I think you should paint it bright yellow :toothless

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All right some sneak pics from my camera phone, oh and thanks for the comments.

As many of you know I welded in patch panels last year, completely cut out the old and welded these in.

So now we applied some fiber glass to bring up the low spots.

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts

Why does it look like you used a grinding stone on that? If you did, I suggest you don't anymore, unless you want to create more work for yourelf down the line. Leave the grinding stone for the weld itself, only.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
shit let him do what he wants man, its his truck. I too think its a bit aggressive, but ive seen worse marks and scratches from a grater and those are widely acceptable in collision repair.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why does it look like you used a grinding stone on that? If you did, I suggest you don't anymore, unless you want to create more work for yourelf down the line. Leave the grinding stone for the weld itself, only.
I didn't use a grinder, used a sander to ready the metal for the fill.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
shit let him do what he wants man, its his truck. I too think its a bit aggressive, but ive seen worse marks and scratches from a grater and those are widely acceptable in collision repair.
Its not aggressive at all, only looks that way in the pic.

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some progress pics

Filled the tire rack holes in (welded them up) and more block sanding by my buddy Gary so its roughed in now, more finish work to follow over the next couple days.

Tailgate was pretty rough on the top, bottom was fine. I decided to just cut it out and weld new metal in. Should last me a couple years till I get a better or new tailgate. I taped off the line I was going to cut, I find tape easer to see than a pencil mark when the sparks are flying.

Now I've done it.

I bent up a piece of 18g sheet metal (58"x 2 3/4") and I folder 1" over on a large brake at work. I drilled holes every 6" for the window seal clips.

All welded in and ready for Gary to do his magic.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
Wow. Really looking good!!!

I need to replace the same piece you did...mines really really bad. :brownbag but until then, it can stay the way it is.

KC

·
Premium Member
8,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome. Should we assume all work prep-finish will be done by you?
Just seen this post, No - I have a good friend that has years of body work experience doing the body work. I'm doing the metal work and he makes it look good. he tells me though that I'll be spraying the paint, so I'm excited about giving that a try.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just seen this post, No - I have a good friend that has years of body work experience doing the body work. I'm doing the metal work and he makes it look good. he tells me though that I'll be spraying the paint, so I'm excited about giving that a try.
nice job on the metal work bro. and when its sprayed theres nothing like siting back and admiring how good it came out with some cold ones.

1 - 20 of 322 Posts