Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will probably be ongoing thread but it finally started today. With the bronco having 155k on the clock with broken motor mounts, a bad alternator, leaking oil, and not cooling anymore. I saved up some money to do a motor, nothing to extreme just something to last me another at least another 155k. While I'm in there I also wanted to clean up the engine compartment and get rid of all the mickey mouse wiring. The bronco is also getting a color change and a new front clip next year so I will be painting the firewall. This is what Ive go done this morning before it got too hot.

Ill probably get more pics tonight I want to get the front off the motor before the night ends. So feel free to give input, criticism, ideas whatever.

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wheres the rust?
There is no rust although the bronco is from Oregon I have never had a truck develop rust even when I lived there I keep them too clean. Also in Arizona by the time its done raining here its already dried back out. Another plus is I don't go mudding, and when I did the truck was also cleaned the next day.

Billingslee said:
whats the eta mike?
357?
Hopefully Bill The motor will be done by the end of September If we are too go wheeling in mid October. 357 is what is going in I hope to have everything ready to for the machine shop by next week.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
This is gunna get good. Ill be following this one closely

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way did I forgot to mention that When I parked the bronco almost a month ago I had just put 20$ of gas in it. Its been so hot and sitting so long that the Fuel evaporated out of it. I thought it was the fuel pump but noticed it was still working when I put a gallon in it and pulled one of the lines and it pumped it out.

·
Registered
960 Posts
mike you need any help this week with anything? im free during the evening or if you have a day off during the week.

Also I got a few parts I can contribute to the front clip if you want them.

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mike you need any help this week with anything? im free during the evening or if you have a day off during the week.

Also I got a few parts I can contribute to the front clip if you want them.
NAH I'm good for now thanks Brandon Ive gotta go pick up the Cherry picker sometime this week but I'm pretty much don for today.

A couple more Just go the pump brackets off.

I dont think that's enough oil

Lots of leakage from the pan

Found this on top of the air pump. wonder how old it is.

The PS pump draining.

The core support.

Probably all for a bit I wish I had some goodies to show you all but I gotta wait till I see the inside of the motor before I can start ordering.

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
The core support.

with a radiator like that it looks plugged up with dirt.

Aslo why did you pull the front off? I am guessing you have a air compressor, you coulda pulled the valve cores on the front tires and gotten the engine over the core support with out issues.

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
with a radiator like that it looks plugged up with dirt.

Aslo why did you pull the front off? I am guessing you have a air compressor, you coulda pulled the valve cores on the front tires and gotten the engine over the core support with out issues.
Don I pulled everything cause Im cleaning the engine compartment and getting all the wiring cleaned up. I wanted to be able to get inside with out having to climb in and out every time. Im also putting in a new radiator.

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
Don I pulled everything cause Im cleaning the engine compartment and getting all the wiring cleaned up. I wanted to be able to get inside with out having to climb in and out every time. Im also putting in a new radiator.
ur skinny. getting in and out should have been easy ya lazy fawk. :goodfinge

·
Registered
960 Posts
NAH I'm good for now thanks Brandon Ive gotta go pick up the Cherry picker sometime this week but I'm pretty much don for today.
Cool just let me know and ill lend a hand.

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ur skinny. getting in and out should have been easy ya lazy fawk. :goodfinge
Hahah I am putting it down on some stock 29s that should look pretty cute. I swear there is a method to my madness:popc1:

As for the color change I may stay blue but I originally wanted a black bronco. I will stay with the Eddie Scheme though.

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
If it goes black from what it is now I will cry.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.