Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turns out, I broke my wrist 3 months ago and I've been walking around unaware ever since. I fell, landed on it awkwardly, and then a couple weeks ago I reinjured it when I wacked it off the seat in my truck reaching for some CD's. I have a scaphoid fracture, and when the cast comes off in 6 weeks, I may need surgery to fix it more, or some shit like that.

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bnkrtstk said:
Sorry you're injured, but I could have done without knowing that :goodfinge
hey, its good news for you. your handjob business just got a new client!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Sorry to hear that, especially if you need surgery. When they did x-rays before my carpal tunnel surgery they found several undisciplined fractures in my right wrist. I was like wtf? At least you know when it happened.

Here's to a speedy recovery for you... :beer

James

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
SquattyD said:
Turns out, I broke my wrist 3 months ago and I've been walking around unaware ever since. I fell, landed on it awkwardly, and then a couple weeks ago I reinjured it when I wacked it off the seat in my truck reaching for some CD's. I have a scaphoid fracture, and when the cast comes off in 6 weeks, I may need surgery to fix it more, or some shit like that.
That kinda crap puts a halt to all the good projects, ask me how I know (part of finger stuck in spinning driveshaft really effs up your year). Hopefully, the ride is quick and you get back to 90% at least. :thumbup

·
Registered
4,997 Posts
can you "get CD's" with the other hand?

·
Registered
236 Posts
that sucks man. my friend matt broke his wrist in a soccer game and the trainer just said put some ice on it for a couple of days. 6 months later at thanksgiving his cousin, an doctor, told him it was broke :shocked . I had some 45 lb weights dropped on my foot while working out and the same trainer told me just to ice it for a few days, so i did then went to a soccer tournament and played and my foot was killing me. turns out my foot originally had a hairline fracter and it progressed into a more serious brake :banghead. that trainer is an idiot. life sucks some times. get well soon man.

·
Registered
871 Posts
That happened to my friend when he wrecked his camaro. They even took x-rays the night of the crash and let him leave the hospital the next day. About 2 or 3 weeks later he went back in and found out it was broke.

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
GHOSTRIDER said:
can you "get CD's" with the other hand?
:histerica :rofl: :histerica

I take it you're the kind of guy that says "F, that hurt!", takes a minute, then gets back to work, too? I bet you'll find a way to work, with that cast on... You're such a badass :goodfinge

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
damn, i fell saturday at work and hurt my wrist. the swelling finally went down, but i cant turn it without alot of pain. ive been just wrapping it up with a bandage, and trying not to use it. i really dont want to go to a doctor.

·
No avatar required
10,958 Posts
SquattyD said:
hey, its good news for you. your handjob business just got a new client!

I'm retired, four carpal tunnel surgeries forced me out of the business :toothless

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
JB said:
damn, i fell saturday at work and hurt my wrist. the swelling finally went down, but i cant turn it without alot of pain. ive been just wrapping it up with a bandage, and trying not to use it. i really dont want to go to a doctor.
You BETTER get that chit at least looked at by a doctor, man. If it's something that can be fixed NOW but can't be years later, you'll regret it. Not to mention I'm sure the pain sucks.

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
That blows.

My dad broke his wrist back when he was on the railroad. Kept working and working, eventually when he couldn't stand the pain after several weeks he went in to have it looked at. He had managed to grind the broken bone in his wrist into mush. So..he had to have a peice of his illiac crest fused into his wrist and the entire thing locked up tight.

At least you found it now, and can get it taken care of. I'll fly up and help you finish the Bko. Not.

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
SigEpBlue said:
You BETTER get that chit at least looked at by a doctor, man. If it's something that can be fixed NOW but can't be years later, you'll regret it. Not to mention I'm sure the pain sucks.
yeah, i hurt it at work, and i dont have a day off to go anytime soo though.
i was pulling old lawnmowers today, and now that chit really hurts

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
SquattyD said:
I reinjured it when I wacked it off the seat in my truck

thanks for the new sig:thumbup

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.