Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I owe my soul to the bank for the next five years but I've got myself a 92 Bronco. Brown and Tan EB. 93k miles. New tires (mall terrains, unfortunately), brakes (all round), oil pan, fuel filter, front and rear bumpers, master cylinder, and exhaust. Everything on it works, not a spot of rust anywhere except the rear diff where the coating on the undercarriage isn't...well...coated. Of course this is the first time I've had an engine bigger than a small six (the 5.8 in this) so my first tank of gas went away very quickly. It pulls hard to the left when I brake a little hard. I think the rear brakes are sticking a bit as my brake light (the ((!)) and the ((P)) ones) and the rear ABS light is on. They aren't always on, but more often than not they are. The only thing wrong with it is the interior. The leather is ripped on the drivers seat and it's cracked everywhere else. I think I over payed, but I wanted it and oh well now. I'm not upset. For something rust free in northern Illinois I think 4k was a decent deal compared to the other prices around here.

Needless to say, I put 120 miles on it the day after I bought it in a heavy snowstorm (14 inches, nobody plowed the whole time). I spent about nine hours in the truck. I love it. Big and bad ass. :rockon

·
Registered
162 Posts
hey man congrats! doesent sound bad and welcome to the club, but believe me too much surfin round here and that bronco will cost ya a lot more, next youll be eyen up a 4" kit and some 35s, hey its all good though! and if your bronc has the overdrive, check for a trans cooler, if it doesent have one better go get one, those trannies are pretty expensive to rebuild. just be sure to get your moneys worth, wheel the s--t out that thing!

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Welcome to FSB. My parents live in Crystal Lake.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Got pics? We love pics!

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Not to be rude, but a 5 year loan on a Bronco????? If you don't mind me asking how much was the purchase price????

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
better have been showroom mint for a 5 yr loan. Shit I had a 3 yr loan on my 2002 Ranger when I bought it and when I bought the Bronco it was a 18 month personal loan from my credit union.

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5 years because it wasn't a car loan, it was a CD collateral loan, and I took out 7k. The truck was 4k. Just a personal loan with 3k to play around with. I needed a few things and if you're taking a loan, go big or go home, right? Only 132 bucks a month. Oh well.

I know pics are good, I'm always looking for them when I'm cruising around here, but I have only a camera phone and no knowledge on how to get them onto a computer. So I'm looking for a camera. eh. I do have some extra cash, maybe I should just buy one. I expect to do some more wheeling so I wanted a video camera, you never know....

·
Registered
600 Posts
kill two birds with one stone and get a digital camcorder that can take still shots

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I was thinking.

I drove it around again in the snow and almost hit my garage. The front left tire locks up way before the right even thinks about it. I'm not sure what could cause that but it does lock up when it shouldn't.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
5 years because it wasn't a car loan, it was a CD collateral loan, and I took out 7k. The truck was 4k. Just a personal loan with 3k to play around with. I needed a few things and if you're taking a loan, go big or go home, right? Only 132 bucks a month. Oh well.

I know pics are good, I'm always looking for them when I'm cruising around here, but I have only a camera phone and no knowledge on how to get them onto a computer. So I'm looking for a camera. eh. I do have some extra cash, maybe I should just buy one. I expect to do some more wheeling so I wanted a video camera, you never know....
3K is alottta playing money that you Bronco will SWALLLLOW whole. Nice 6 inch lift, gears, tires and you have a truck with 7K in it that is worth 5 ish. BUt hell just about everyone on this site (INcluding me) has put tons of money into their bronco's that we aren't going to see again......:beer

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Who cares it his money. way to go man

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, the guy before me babied it. My friend said it was too nice to take off road but I just think that the truck is in for a rude awakening. The pin striping on it is ok, but it's not like I'm going to take it off of there. I heard that you can get leather interior redone for pretty cheap nowadays, anyone have any suggestions?

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
it sounds beautifal. Please dont tear up the body wheeling (yet atleast)

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I don't want to take it anywhere where body damage might occur. I think washing it wont be a problem as I've got a pressure washer that I can use. Adjustable to lower pressure, of course.

I just went and spent waay too much money on a camera so I can have some pictures up. You see my reasoning behind the expensive camera is that if I spent money on the camera, then I wont have so much for a lift and tires, so I'll be stuck more and so will have more chances to take pictures. If I would've saved then I would be driving and not taking pictures. Not to mention that I've been wanting a good camera for a while anyway.

So I'm going to let this baby charge for a bit and put up some pictures in a little while.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
make sure you rinse the rear wheel wells, gotta make sure you get the hose between the well and the body to get the crud out.

·
Behold my
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now with pictures!

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Yeah, the guy before me babied it. My friend said it was too nice to take off road but I just think that the truck is in for a rude awakening. The pin striping on it is ok, but it's not like I'm going to take it off of there. I heard that you can get leather interior redone for pretty cheap nowadays, anyone have any suggestions?
Yes........Juarez.....just kidding. Check your local upholstery shops (mom/pop types) for bids. I've not found any quality leather kits in the aftermarket. The local shops should be able to make a set of covers that match from scratch though the leather may not be an exact factory match.

Get your brakes checked out......a brake pull can be a number of things from bearings to suspension components. Don't crease the sheet metal due to poor braking.

Good looking Bronco

1 - 20 of 28 Posts