Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have an M44 and the ammo is cheaper than shit and Colorado has lots of places to shoot so it is hard not to go. Took my cousin, a buddy, and three new shooters and the girl I'm dating up to Pawnee and had some fun.

Me with the M44

O yeah, pelvic thrusts with the rifle.

Girls have awkward form, the chick I'm dating. Very cool around the rifle even though it kicks like a damn mule.

My cousin's g/f. Very timid around the rifle, scared her to death but still shot it twice.

The Texan who was kind of timid around the rifle. I thought Texans were supposed to be comfortable with them.

Everyone at the Bronco.

It was a great day, put 140 rounds through the M44, which is a lot because after about 40 your shoulder gets really sensitive. Three girls had never shot a gun before so I was proud of them for trying, the M44 can be intimidating because it is very loud and kicks a lot if you aren't ready for it. This rifle impresses me more and each time I take it out, very accurate, very powerful, and very reliable.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
I took probibly 20+ people to shot a gun for the first time in college. Mostly they just shot the .22 and .223 (Read that as guns with cheap ass ammo). Last time I went I took 2 new shooters, and they LOVED the .45 acp. And the a5. Kinda suprised me as well.

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
cool, what was y'alls target?
i went shooting today too
my brother dad and i burned almost 300 rounds of 9mm
almost 200 of .45
a bunch of .22
some .32 and some .380
and 4 rounds of .30-06 just to keep fresh with it

a good way to break in my new steel targets:D UPS guy yesterday asked why the package was so heavy, we said we hoped our armor plate wouldn't be light

·
crank trigger
8,150 Posts
just a suggestion, next time don't make them shoot with the bayonet deployed. they might be able to hit the target and have increased success and more fun.

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Pics look like fun! :twotu:

just a suggestion, next time don't make them shoot with the bayonet deployed. they might be able to hit the target and have increased success and more fun.
My M44 is funny in that it's a lot more accurate with the bayonette extended. I know it sounds wierd, but I sware it's true :scratchhe

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Sorry I missed it. Looks like a good time. But, I made some decent money today working. Oh, and I washed the truck yesterday so all that dust doesn't look too fun.:thumbup

·
has no skidplate
4,320 Posts
Pics look like fun! :twotu:

My M44 is funny in that it's a lot more accurate with the bayonette extended. I know it sounds wierd, but I sware it's true :scratchhe
anything attatched to the barrel is going to affect the way it shoots
extending the bayo may change the barrel's shape and the way it vibrates changing it's precision and/or accuracy, though the difference is often imperceptable to the casual shooter

another thing is that it'll change the balance of the rifle which may result in a better feel for you:thumbup

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
My gun kicks your gun's butt.

Yes, a Ruger 10/22 Semi-auto. Okay, maybe it isn't better, but it's still fun:toothless

That is a nice rifle of yours. I dig the bayonet. Maybe I'll get my KA-BAR and some duct tape and make one myself...

·
Registered
457 Posts
Shooting the M44 can be fun....

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Cool, I have a 91/30. Fun as hell to shoot, cheap too

I wish there were plentiful open spaces like that to shoot at that i didnt have to pay for

·
Try it now!!
9,120 Posts
I just flew back to Daytona tonight to get my M44 and bring it back to Charlotte. I accidently left it when I moved all my other shit out of my house.

I love that rifle, and you're damn right it kicks like a mule.

Did you sight it in? I cant get it accurate sight wise...its such a crude adjustment method hahha.

Oh ya and I love how you have the bayonet out.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nice rifle. looks like ya had a good day. now i want to go shot instead of workin on the bronco. although I suppose I could do both.

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The M44 is really fun. And yes, with the bayonet extended they shoot better. The Ruskies sighted them in with the bayonet extended because all Soviet soldiers had orders to permanently deploy the bayonet...looks more menacing I guess.

Mine is sighted in, it was perfect when I got it.

A1Fiddler, that is a cute little rifle.

I'm going back to that place again and taking another new shooter, she hasn't even held a gun before.

FYI, while shooting at horse shit stand about 30 yards back as it has a tendency to explode into the air and fly everywhere.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
The M44 is really fun. And yes, with the bayonet extended they shoot better. The Ruskies sighted them in with the bayonet extended because all Soviet soldiers had orders to permanently deploy the bayonet...looks more menacing I guess.
My M44 is the same way. Shoots much better with the bayonet extended. I read the Russians designed it that way because the only time the bayonet was to be folded back was when they were being stored or transported for long periods.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts