Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend and I went to Sacramento to visit some of her family this weekend, we had a blast and got to see her new cousin blah blah blah. The real excitement didnt start until I filled my truck up at the gas station when we got back home (I filled up before we left too, for milage readings :thumbup). From home, the drive is just over two hours long and is 110 miles from my house to her uncles place. Anyways here's the goods.

I went a total of 236 miles this weekend. When I filled the truck up tonight, it took 14.4 gallons of gas. Now we do the math and I averaged 16.39 miles to the damn gallon! Now that was 98% highway miles at a comfortable speed of 62 MPH, but anyway you look at it, my lifted bronco got 16 miles to the gallon :shocked

That is all! :chili::chili::chili::chili::chili::chili:

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
god your a pansy on the gas, only real men drive 75 :p lol but i wish mine got even close to 16 mpg :(

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
Dam, I cant even touch 14, maybe thats cause I need gears or i drive like an ass

·
crank trigger
8,151 Posts
that's not too bad.

wife and i went to Buena Vista and back (little under 200 miles) this weekend. we were rolling 95-100 mph across southpark. burned about 5 gals total.
this is in a diesel car though. :toothless.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I wish, I average 10 regardless of city or highway with just me in the truck. I was pretty happy going camping with 4 passengers and 1000 pounds of gear over the pass and back and I still averaged 10 over 240 miles.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Stan that is great. Hopefully when I get my 4.56 gears my mileage will jump back up.

Did you correct your speedo?

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stan that is great. Hopefully when I get my 4.56 gears my mileage will jump back up.

Did you correct your speedo?
Yup, via PSOM (you're out of luck on that one; 92-96 only).

Bonzai, I took 205 to I-5, I've never tried the other way to get to Elk Grove.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
I share your C6 pain
:stupid
C6's bring the gas mileage suck!
Well, I wouldn't say that they're that bad. I got 15.5 mpg on the Turnpike at about 65 mph average. That was me, my brother and probably 500 lbs of extra crap along with what I normaly carry :shrug

Still do wish I had a 4 speed though. :cry But knowing that the trans I have is one of the best/better slushboxes makes me :chili:

Glad to hear that your BKO is gets ok fuel milage. :thumbup

KC

1 - 19 of 19 Posts