Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took my EFI'd 400 to the dyno to be tuned, but they could not get thier laptop to work, so I get to go back and do it all over again. But I did put down 210hp @ 4250 rpms and 293 ft lbs @ 3000 with a 11:1 AFR at wide open throttle. Yeah it's a little fat at the top end. This was all with my 39.5 iroks and 20 inch rims. I never put rollers on it.

I will get more numbers from the next run when I head out there. :toothless

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
jopes said:
I will get more numbers from the next run when I head out there. :toothless
Cool, I'm interested in the outcome. I'm guessing you'll get better numbers.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
so is that more or less than say a stock 460 with a carb??

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
axaviere said:
so is that more or less than say a stock 460 with a carb??
If that was at the crank, then it would be the same or so... However at the wheels (I would assume since he mentioned his 39.5's) it blows most engines on this site out of the water:thumbup

Thats unbelievable:rockon

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,912 Posts
Not bad, Don. How's it running now? Getting it on the laptop and tuning will help, definitely. When you get it tuned, you'll top my numbers. But I've yet to do anything with mine, I need to play with the timing and get a better exhaust. :shrug

Andy351 said:
this thread sucks without smoky burnout pictures....
Better now? :toothless

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
What does it cost to take your vehicle to a dyno?

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
How the hell do you people do that?

And how the hell do you POWER BRAKE it? Push the brake and the skinny pedal at the same time or what?

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,912 Posts
waltman said:
What does it cost to take your vehicle to a dyno?
Depends on the dyno and what you want, and how long you're there. Generally it can be like $65 for 3 pulls not including tuning - meaning buddy running the dyno says it's too lean lets change the jets and he does it. Or something to that effect. I didn't have any tuning done on mine, I just made like 4 pulls and called it good. [No idea on what it cost because the rest of the day we had the race car on there.] Oh another thing to check out is if they drive the vehicle or if they let you do it. The first time I put Brutus on there, I drove it. Buddy stood there with me and told me what to do. First and last time I'd ever had the speedo needle burried. :shocked [Second time I went to another place and they drove it, the dumb shit didn't even know how to work my shifter and I was drawed up in a knot the entire time. I started once to back out when he said he was gonna drive it, but I had already paid for it.]

-Spazmatic- said:
How the hell do you people do that?
Big block. ;)

And how the hell do you POWER BRAKE it? Push the brake and the skinny pedal at the same time or what?
You have to pump the brake pedal some to build it up, then stand on it and romp down on the throttle and barely let off the brake some. I actually didn't do that burnout, my brother was driving it. I have NO brakes due to vacuum and no matter how much I stood on the brakes, I couldn't get them to hold enough. Oh and a little water helps.

I've still got rubber on BOTH quarter panels and in the rear bumper from that little stunt. I figure I'm going at it with a grinder soon, I'll get the rubber off then.

·
Registered
111 Posts
BroncoBabe said:
Not bad, Don. How's it running now? Getting it on the laptop and tuning will help, definitely. When you get it tuned, you'll top my numbers. But I've yet to do anything with mine, I need to play with the timing and get a better exhaust. :shrug

Better now? :toothless
Nice burny! Last few times I tried to burn out the front tires left the black marks from being pushed 10 feet, couldn't get the rear ones to break loose. I'll try your pumping method next time! :doh0715:

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I cannot beleive how this engine reacts offroad. it has onel hell of a mean power band between 2000-5000 and revs right thru it like no tomarrow. I wheeled the piss out of the bronco this weekend.

Now it needs some TLC to fix it all up.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
welndmn said:
Pics?
Think of the driver side bashed up :p
Narrow bodies + full width axles rule!, I only bent up my sliders

got any ideas what I should put on there then? I needa 3 month long winter project to do next year. :toothless

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Chaos is coming!!
515 Posts
For a real nice smokey burn out pour some liquid bleach on the ground and tires, then do the burn out. :goodfinge Just make sure you wash the bleach off afterwards.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Burl Swift said:
Ouch. Did you lay it down?

Might as well had.

also bent a double beadlock. I need some steel to get that fixed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts