Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a blast. LOTS of mud. i did break something in the transmission loosing 3rd and 4th gear and bending a link in the throttle body :confused:
i also saw a roll over. a Blazer got too close to the side and the ground gave away. everyone was ok

pics

sorry no real action shots :(

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
you bastard....he he he...been dieing to get back up there...any plans on going up this weekend??? thinking saturday.

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
sucks about the tranny, but then again you need a manual.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
hey jopes are manuals any good in mud? I have no expirience with them in mud. Nice pics though looks like a fun time

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
muddinBronc said:
hey jopes are manuals any good in mud? I have no expirience with them in mud. Nice pics though looks like a fun time
Don doesnt know how to play in the mud :goodfinge

Most of the hardcore guys up here run manual trans. they like it because they can select what gear is best for their run. Yesterday i was riding with my buddy Gilbert in his built 78 Bronco and he was explaining to me how he works the shifter. he usually just picks the gear and hammers it. no shifting in middle of the past or u will loose the speed. in harder clay like mud he uses 1st gear 4hi for speed since it doesnt drag on the motor as much but if he needs more torque for the thicker gooey stuff he uses 3rd gear 4lo.

the bad thing is with a manual trans the drivetrain takes in more stress

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
oh I see thanks dude. I got a 77 that I will probably be parting out so I'll keep the tranny then, its a 4 spd with granny low

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
XLTbeast said:
Sweet pics.

how have those hawgs worked for you? i want a pair.

i decided to get another set of hawgs :thumbup . great floation but doesnt dig as hard as boggers. nice and light for lower power trucks. less drag again great for lower power trucks. and rides well on the street compare to boggers. they are noisy and likes to pull into imperfections on the road though. if u play in alot of mud its a great tire next to boggers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts