Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a set of 03 f350 axles for $1000. They are loaded with 5.13 gears, ls rear, crossover steering knuckle, mag-hytec alu diff covers front and rear, warn hubs, and stainless brake lines, and hydro asist brackets, and newer brakes and ball joints. They only have 90k miles on them, and were on a show truck.

What do ya think, good deal?

Also, i did some searching, everyone complains about unit bearing being so bad, are they really?

·
Registered
955 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the unit bearings. They do tend to wear faster than a spindle/bearing/hub setup, especially with large off road tires, but the trend among competitors is going more and more toward unit bearings, just because they are stupid simple, and fast to swap out if damaged on a course, or between runs. If you are not abusing the p!ss out of them, it is likely they will last you well. I would be more concerned about the goofy metric lug pattern, not because it is bad, just because it is more expensive to get wheels for it...

Later,
Jason

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
:stupid

Exactly what he said... aside from the fact that they're not serviceable, they're not horrendous... just stay out of the watery stuff, and they should last you a good 100k miles. IIRC, the service interval is less, only around 70k I think, but they do last longer if they're not being abused.

I wonder if anyone makes a good heavy duty UB hub?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts