Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:goodfinge Just Kidding, I'm just wondering why no one out here goes wheeling. I haven't seen any trips out here in quite some time. Whaaaat, are we all waiting for, Raf? Well, that's OK, but I need my fix of wheeling. I see so many CLEAN Bronco's out here in the So. Ca. area, even after a rain, it makes me wonder if you boys or girls know how to engage your Bronco's into 4 wheel drive. I know some of you are broke down or just plain broke like me, but hey, I can even muster up some gas money to go out for a little trip somewhere. I called locopony yesterday and we are trying to plan a trip on Feb. 14th (Valentine's day) for those that love your mate, uh Bronco. It will be a early morning trip that hopefully won't Piss off your other love, heck we are bringing them along. We may go out to Drinkwater Flats in Santa Clarita or maybe just by the movie ranch, or hey, maybe head out to Gorman for some fun. I'd like to get dirty and hopefully get dirty w/some of you. Have a great day :chili:

·
huh
1995 Bronco, Slightly Modified
7,220 Posts
My truck was supposed to be ready to get smogged last week but on a quick trip to autozone i broke a spider in the rear axle.. I never knew how hardcore i was till i was attempting a maneuver called "Exiting the parking lot".. BOOM... my diff is up north with jopes. He welded it and it should be back in LA soon. As soon as thats in i should be able to get it smogged, find some cheap insurance and pay off the registration.. i think i should be able to do a gorman run then.. if all goes well.. with my luck ill be saying the same thing this time next year.. :cry

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,778 Posts
mines still broke :cry :cry :cry :cry

·
Premium Member
1994 Bronco XLT , 5.8 EFI, 6" Lift, 35X12.5 BFGs K3
6,836 Posts
Mine is ready to go. As much as it can be. I got some front end work to do. But, screw it. Beast is ready.. I haven't had any time cause of Work.. But, work = money for Beast. So, gotta do it..

I am game.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm game - just need to replace the fricking brake line that left a pool of brake fluid in the driveway this morning - thank God for the M.

Guess I'm wrenching this weekend, but i'm up for a run..

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
i still wheel... :thumbup
i've been wheeling almost every weekend. most of the time i'm up in Azusa. Couple weeks ago i was up in Big Bear trying to find some snow but only found ice. Running the Rock Garden is almost un-passable so we mostly ventured around. i was sliding and dodgeing trees (did hit one tree) most of the time. driving through the burnt up area with frost everywhere was kinda spooky haha.
i'm planning to go back up real soon after it rains alot. i like snow....
i should be up in Azusa this coming sunday

later,

Chris

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now we're talking. Some interest in a run. Raf, sorry to hear about that problem, (sound familiar) hahahaha, JK. Do you think it will be fixed before the 14th of FEB? That would be a great work-in run. I'll go by Drinkwater this weekend and check it out. Last time up their was a sign saying closed unless you have a day pass or whatever they call that thing here in CA. (Venture pass). Will let you all know. Raf, you can call me when you're ready for Insurance and I will see what I can do. I hope that you still have insurance on that thing, otherwise you're looking at quite a bit of mula for the 1st year. Let me know.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
mines down waiting for front gears. but assuming that i get the front done in the next couple of weeks, i am going to Johnson Valley in Feb, sliders and gears permitting...

i think its time we have a big cali get-to-gether. i think hollister would be good; its got mild to fairly wild and its pretty close to the middle for most people. i hear gormans not all that great and i don't know of any places in between LA andthe Bay Area that are good and not under snow right now.

·
Registered
54 Posts
MudMad said:
Raf, you can call me when you're ready for Insurance and I will see what I can do. I hope that you still have insurance on that thing, otherwise you're looking at quite a bit of mula for the 1st year. Let me know.
Are you an insurance guy? I could use a much better rate on my M3..

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Insurance guy, huh, umm, who me. Yeah, if that's what you want to call me. I'm a fully licensed auto/health/home agent for the Auto Club of So. Ca. We have lots of hills around the Santa Clarita area between Gorman and the 14 fwy. Rowher Flats its just down the street and you can wheel all the way back to Drinkwater Flats area. Haven't been out their in quite some time. I'd like to get a really big run going in April somewhere. I've done Hollister and it's a little too far for me for a weekend and not really challenging enough. I'm up for a Stoddard Valley or Johnson Valley run in April. Feb. is just to get out and have some fun for the day. It is VD Day after all and I should spent time w/the wife that night. That is if no one breaks down. I will try and check out some of the local areas around my house in Acton and between Gorman.

·
Registered
562 Posts
My buddy just stumbled on Rowher last week and said it's pretty good, he wants me to try it. It's 20 minutes from me, so I'll go anytime.

I'll do a day trip to Pismo, but that's about as far as I can commit to.

·
Premium Member
1994 Bronco XLT , 5.8 EFI, 6" Lift, 35X12.5 BFGs K3
6,836 Posts
I will be hitting Kern River in April. Don't know where Hollister is, but, if it is too far for Mudmad, it is farther for me,...ehehee..

I am down for a screw around trip. Let me know.

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
B-man said:
I will be hitting Kern River in April. Don't know where Hollister is, but, if it is too far for Mudmad, it is farther for me,...ehehee..

I am down for a screw around trip. Let me know.
simi valley is in ventura county right? should be about 6 hours or so. its near gilroy, salinas, monterey up off the 101. it would be cool if that ever happened because hollister has some pretty good trails/obstacles. all the so-cal guys could stop at pismo on the way too.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey burntpiston, where do you live? I'm in Acton about 15 min. from rowher flats. If anyone wants more info in this place just type in Rowher Flats in your search field and a lot of different sites come up w/pics and stuff about the trails their. Looks like it could be fun. Hollister is nice for a 2-3 day trip for me. 6 hours of driving is a lot one way, especially if I'm wheeling all day. Went to the MBB 2nd annual trip in Nov. of 2002. Lots of fun. I'm looking for fun here near my house. I will get more info as to where will be the place for the 14th of Feb. Get those rigs fixed and lets get busy.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,778 Posts
I'm working on it....really

I need help....
on the truck too. :brownbag :toothless :histerica

I hopefully have it fixed to run well this weekend. hopefully it also fixes the trans at the same time

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hey burntpiston, where do you live?
I'm in the Valley.

Can you wheel at Vazquez? I thought I read somewhere that you could, but I've never seen anyone in there. I have a friend who's buying 50 acres in Acton...I'll be building a Bronco track there when it's ready ;)

Here's a pic a friend sent me of his buddies Lib at Rowher:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.