Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have a bull bar on there bronco from westin? i just got one and i have to make my own brackets and i wanted to see what it looked like on the truck, because im modefying the bracketry that came with it. :toothless

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,691 Posts

It works as a light rack, but otherwise, its useless.
My bumper is soo bent up that the bull bar is no longer tight against the bumper. It kinda wiggles around a little bit.
if you put one on, please tie it into the frame. My bro got into an accident with his K5, and he had a bumper mounted one on his truck (like mine). When he hit the steel pole, it ripped the bar in half, and put it through the radiator, and into the waterpump! If it was frame mounted (or preferrably not there at all) he probably would have been able to drive home.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I plowed into a back off a nissian going 35 you almost can't even tell any damage i broke a kc lens (fixed in pic) and bent the grill and guard up a little saved my front end pic showing orignal bumper, grill guard totaled out the nissian :chili:

if you look at the billet grill on the left side you can barely see a few horizonal bars bent

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
xbigbronco said:
Any one have a bull bar on there bronco from westin? i just got one and i have to make my own brackets and i wanted to see what it looked like on the truck, because im modefying the bracketry that came with it. :toothless
I've been thinking about a bull bar like that....

What kind of modifications did you have to do with the mounts?

Got Pics? :thumbup

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just a suggestion...if your going to get a bar like that...why not have one that's beefy? $60 bucks and some light fabrication got me this....

I'd put mine up against anyone's on the market.....heck even if you had a shop build one...i bet it would be less than most of this mail order stuff.....just want to let you guys know there is other options...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i ordered the brackets for a 97 f-150, after all the reasearch all i had to do was turn them around and put a hole in the middle of the bracket, im still deciding if i should cut off the ears or get some little fog lights to piss ppl off at night, tommarrow ill snap a few pics..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts