Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound stupid but The driver side of my trucks carpet is always wet. Even if it doesn't rain it stays wet. This is really bugging me and I checked under the truck for holes or cracks and there isn't anything. The whole underside is very clean no rust or anything anywhere. Anyone else have this problem? The rest of the truck is fine just that part

·
Registered
131 Posts
Stick a finger in it and smell it (the wetness that is). Is it antifreeze or just water?

Open up the dash behind the glove box and see if the heater core is shot/leaking. Maybe your heater core runoff track is beat up and draining inside to the driver side instead of on the ground?

Just a thought.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,515 Posts
Is the whole thing soaked or just a particular area? Doubt it's the heater core, you'd definitely smell coolant if it was..

could be a couple of things, what condition are your rain gutters in? Any cracks, even the smallest can allow water to run down through the b-pillar, this will accumulate at the base near the door seal and can run down towards the carpet. Could also be that you have a leak at the base of the windshield somewhere, or the gasket behind the brake booster could be bad. Had that happen on mine and water was running down behind the booster through the fire wall and soaking the insulation. Best way to check is to wait until it dries out and then run a hose on it.

·
Super Moderator
27,017 Posts
yo,
Do you smell coolant?
Assuming there is coolant and not str water in sys

Next is it can be caused by water (it can pool and stay there traveling between the hood and cowl area and then entering the evaporator case (or may be condensate if AC &/or defroster have been on recently) through a gap in the case halves. This water then collects in the blower wheel housing

Bad news would be if water or coolant is leaking is on the PCM (inside driver's kick panel trim)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Is the whole thing soaked or just a particular area? Doubt it's the heater core, you'd definitely smell coolant if it was..

could be a couple of things, what condition are your rain gutters in? Any cracks, even the smallest can allow water to run down through the b-pillar, this will accumulate at the base near the door seal and can run down towards the carpet. Could also be that you have a leak at the base of the windshield somewhere, or the gasket behind the brake booster could be bad. Had that happen on mine and water was running down behind the booster through the fire wall and soaking the insulation. Best way to check is to wait until it dries out and then run a hose on it.
Not if there is water in the Rad. ? I know alot of people in warmer states that run straight water a majority of the time...

Id go with heater core or A/c runoff..

·
Registered
616 Posts
Id go with heater core or A/c runoff..
Heater core wouldnt leak on the drivers side, unless your truck spends the majority of its time on a nascar track.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts