Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help! I have a mint 96' which has one problem. Every time it rains the cargo area and the sides of the carpet get damp. The side window trim looks great, there are no overhead drips, no air noise. My scraper weatherstripping on the rear window is bad and the rubber around the top is getting hard. Can this cause this much water to enter the truck or should I be looking elsewhere? Can a rear leak make it all the way to my front seats? Too rare and too nice of a truck to give up on! Please help. Jim

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Buy a mop :shrug :lolup

Just kidding :lolup
Yes the top weather stripping coudl be bad. Or that tail gate will leak that far depending on how you park. Stock springs push the rear up and lean nose down. Park the truck uphill and see if the water still is on the sides.
Might sound dull, but go sit in there in the rain, of get in the back and have a friend drive you threw the car wash :thumbup

·
Super Moderator
14,742 Posts
Most likely it's not the top weather stripping but the stripping around the back near where the cab and the tail gate seal up, as these get older they don't tend to seal as well. Mine leak, I just got a rear cargo liner and don't worry about it. The reason its probably not the tops weather stripping is the way the later models are designed with a lip that keeps the water from getting in. Jeff's Bronco Graveyard sells the stripping you're looking for, I think its like $15 buck..good luck.

Oh yeah and since I gave you this great advice, make sure you vote for me, click on the vote for me line in my signature. :thumbup :thumbup

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
my 78 leaks like i have no roof (but it does...most of the time). front, back, sides, anywhere and everywhere. the stupid insulation under the carpets rotted out, there was mold everywhere, so now i have no carpet, and line x on the floors. now the water doesnt matter, because i usually have to hose out the truck anyway after wheelin.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
move to az so you wont have those problems cause it hardly rains here.

mine used to leak where the rear seat latches to the floor until I sealed it up. I just replaced the front top seal for leakage too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts