Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trying to figure out if I should order TAN or MOCHA inserts to match my 1989 Eddie Bauer exterior. I think tan might be too light as my carpet is a darker brown and the seats are also, but I don’t know if mocha would be too dark. Only pics I have currently, those husky floormats are tan for reference. Opinions??

Seats were still in parts truck here. Notice the door panel color. Mine is the same.

Wet okole is having 15% off through Saturday November 30th for Black Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input Pepe. I’m leaning towards the mocha, but I think the tan is a safe bet. They have some good pictures on their website but no description of the colors. I should’ve ordered swatches weeks ago.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
737 Posts
Mocha would actually partially match the wood grain in the dash, for me darker is always better( hides the dirt better) ;)

·
Super Moderator
23,899 Posts
Yo youngDUMP,

"DYE LOTS CAN CHANGE - THE COLOR WE SEND YOU MAY BE SLIGHLY DIFFERENT THAN THE ACTUAL SEAT COVER." by https://www.wetokole.com/swatches.html

One review for example, "COLOR: I chose the charcoal color for both the seat and the piping because I thought it would blend in best with my grey interior. But in hindsight, I probably should have went with black (charcoal is the darkest color before black). I had Wet Okole mail me a few different color swatches of the actual material before ordering, but didn't get a black swatch because I didn't think I would have wanted it. The charcoal swatch looked like exactly what I wanted, but when the seat covers arrived they looked lighter than what I had envisioned. They did match the swatch, but in the truck they just look lighter than I expected. I'm guessing that the black color wouldn't be totally black, but more of a dark charcoal, so if anyone is considering these you should probably order a black swatch just to see what it looks like. All that said, they look really nice in the truck." by Dave N @ https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/show-shine-discussion-129/my-wet-okole-seat-cover-review-368422/

One more, but pics are gone:
"I had seen about 500 different opinions on which color matched the 2nd Gen Tacoma interior (graphite), so here is a comparison.

The only two colors that Wet Okole offers that are even close to matching is Light Gray (21) and Charcoal (11). Here are some pics using those two swatches, and a black one for contrast, in my 2011 graphite interior. They aren't the highest quality pics but they do a good enough job of comparing the two. I took two pics of each (for the most part), one with the flash on and one with the flash off - just to help give the "natural" look...
You can also see disparate coloring in various batches, so while this isn't 100% accurate, I think between our sets of pics, people can get an idea of the colors.

by Fink @ https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/wet-okole-color-comparison-w-pics.174885/

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,715 Posts
A lot of these places will send u color swatches. I know stock interiors will.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks y’all. I’ve been looking around at different pics all day and I’m leaning hard towards the mocha. One member here (Shadofax) has a set in a 93? in mocha and they look to be a good match.

These are also mocha but for a Toyota

I would order swatches, but they are having a 15% off Black Friday sale and I’d like to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just placed my order. I went with half piping set, mocha center/piping with black bucking Bronco logos in the center, map pockets on both backs, cellphone pockets on both fronts, and seat heaters. A little speedy but with their sale I got the seat heaters for free plus some off shipping. Total to me was $429.20 :eek: 4 weeks til ship

Hopefully it will take the cringe out every time I or someone else slides out of my clean oem Eddie Bauer seats. I know my friends will appreciate me not saying “step out, don’t slide out” over and over haha.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,715 Posts
hopefully it will take the cringe out every time I or someone else slides out of my clean oem Eddie Bauer seats. I know my friends will appreciate me not saying “step out, don’t slide out” over and over haha.

Why I'm glad mine are "leather" instead of cloth.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
737 Posts
Holly freaking expensive, my wife would castrate me if I spent that much on seat covers, I paid less then half that for the whole damn truck :eek:
but I’m a cheap azz ask my wife. Pictures in five weeks when you get them on.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had leather (1978 vinyl) in my last 2 and loved it. The 80s Eddie Bauer seats however aren’t as good for sliding in and out of and too cool with their woodsy sunset background to let get destroyed.

I had just planned on getting plane covers from them, but since I worked my holiday away I splurged a little. I guess single has some benefits. Pics for sure as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
'95 XLT: 5.8/MAF/E4OD/6" lift/4.56's/33x12.5x15
35,220 Posts
I got a set of these a few years ago... for christmas: https://realtruck.com/p/caltrend-neosupreme-seat-covers/v/ford/bronco/1995/
I still need to install them. Bought a set for my lil' lady's Yota and she loved 'em for a few years before she picked up the replacement ride.
They call to verify vehicle before shipping... so that's something too.

You all know that "sliding" out is the number one cause of seat failure in our rigs, right?
The cover is one thing... the cushion break down is another.

Regardless... I hope you're thrilled to death and back with 'em bud. You damn well better be for that kinda scratch.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well they’re installed and fit perfect. It’s supposed to be cold enough to try out the seat warmers next week. The mocha color was a good choice. The tan would’ve been way too light. If you wanted to you could actually go darker/more brown and be okay.

All in all, I love them. I feel so much better getting in and out of the truck knowing The stock seats are protected from sliding/pulling.

Carbon fiber seat warmer pads are velcroed to the inside of the back and bottom cover

Like a glove

Tucks perfectly behind the seat trim

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They look fantastic and the warmth sounds pretty sweet too. $430 worth of awesome?
Yessir, I believe so. I don’t see why these things won’t last 10+ years and still be in good shape. If I ever need, Wet Okole does repairs starting at $20 per panel which seems very reasonable. Plus, this evening after work was kind of chilly. I turned on the seat warmer and was warm and happy all the way home. Time will tell about the warmers, I know the covers will last. They can be had for cheaper, I know that $430 isn’t very appealing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts