Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this on one of the local 4WD boards.. Pretty good idea I think..

"About the cheapest way to get the tank plus the presure switch, check valve, pop-off and gauges is to buy a little 3-gallon compressor from checker. Plus they come with some of the accessories (regulator, hoses, quick disconnects).

They are priced any where from $50-$80 depending on the sales. Here's one for $60 http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...tnumber=835183

All you need to do is disasseble everything from the tank and ditch the 120v motor/pump (or sell it on ebay)."

Im getting ready to convert my stock compressor (1993) to OBA.. Comments??

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
I know someone that did that...hmmm who was it.

Oh yea, me.

58 bucks.

Its cheap quality, pot metal for the regulator housing but it works fine for the limited use it sees. I used the impact wrench to put the whole back end of my buddies lift on his 1500, so its up to the task.

I put silicone in all the openings for the switch and sealed as much stuff as I could.
-Will

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasnt reallyhtinking about mounting it exactly like you did though... I was thinking that it might look a little cleaner to seperate the gauges from the tank to clean it all up a bit.. Not sure, will have to look at a few.. Good call on the weather resistance, never thought about that.. Does that thing have a pressure switch wired in somewhere?? Which setup did you use (brand), and what size is the tank.. Are you runnin a York??

·
Registered
728 Posts
Refurb Craftsman, yes I'm running a York. The pressure switch is the black box on top of the tank

-Will (kf4amu on kaudbrons computer)

·
Registered
532 Posts
Also check places that sell airbags for lowered trucks. They have good prices on tanks, pressure switches and everything. You can even get DOT airlines in different colors. MiniTruckin mag has tons of ads for things for that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts