Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to head out there again this coming weekend, hopefully with the addition of some board members. Usually have at least 2 other trucks come out with me, possibly more. We generally hang around the Atco Raceway area, but I'm down for some exploring anywhere else someone might have in mind.
Saturday wouldn't be headin out till like 5-6ish since I'm scheduled to work till 4 (unless we close early), Sunday is open all day... so whatever day and time would work for everyone else just let me know I guess.

·
Registered
98 Posts
wish i could but trucks wont be ready andil probly be pulling the motor out of my car. do you go on the raceway side or across the street? do you guys ever go to high crossings or 1/4 mile and stokes rd ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wish i could but trucks wont be ready andil probly be pulling the motor out of my car. do you go on the raceway side or across the street? do you guys ever go to high crossings or 1/4 mile and stokes rd ?
Theres a little section of mud runs that we dug a couple out on the racetrack side, but other than that not really. So mainly stick to across the street or run down to apple pie hill every once and awhile to go up the tower. I followed along with NJJA about a month ago and went on a nice cruise from the ranger station, through to coranza road, hit some pit along there, than eventually ended up at the apple pie hill tower. I'd be game to try that out again, I think I still remember the trails we used. Me and a few buddies have tried to find the 1/4 mile a couple times but it was always at night and we never found it. I'm just trying to stay out of anything crazy and I hate water... so little mud holes and trails are good by me. This is my daily driver, and honestly I'm tired of putting money into repairs from tearing shit up out in the woods :whiteflag.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
Looking to head out there again this coming weekend, hopefully with the addition of some board members. Usually have at least 2 other trucks come out with me, possibly more. We generally......

......Saturday wouldn't be headin out till like 5-6ish since I'm scheduled to work till 4 (unless we close early), Sunday is open all day... so whatever day and time would work for everyone else just let me know I guess.
Finally the 250 is coming out :toothless And the 2 other people are guy and matt right?

I work saturday until 2pm, so I'm thinkin sunday early afternoon is best. I usually like to be on the trails by 3-4ish, Then this way just in case we get lost or someone gets stuck, I'll still have my night to go out n do shit.

went on a nice cruise from the ranger station, through to coranza road, hit some pit along there, than eventually ended up at the apple pie hill tower. I'd be game to try that out again, I think I still remember the trails we used. Me and a few buddies have tried to find the 1/4 mile a couple times but it was always at night and we never found it. I'm just trying to stay out of anything crazy and I hate water... so little mud holes and trails are good by me. This is my daily driver, and honestly I'm tired of putting money into repairs from tearing shit up out in the woods :whiteflag.
I'm down with that. And the quarter mile trail is literally just that, a quarter mile, and its all mud and water. I'd absolutely be down to go. I can't believe i finally got a truck straight up made for muddy shit, and now you don't wanna touch anything wet. I'm upset with this...

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I'm sure matt will head out if he's not working, I'm not sure about Guy since he just put the new trans in, my buddy who just got the xterra will head out if he doesn't have anything going on, and could probably find a couple more people. I'll play around a little bit, but I'm finally starting to save some money for a daily driver so I don't want that to end up back to nothing because something blows. We'll see, maybe I'll get tempted and go for broke if we get a group to go out. Maybe this time it'll actually come through that some board members head out together- would make for a nice group.
Also, that googlemaps with the landmarks is pretty cool. Definitely will be using that to plot out future rides

·
Registered
263 Posts
no problem. Wish I could attend, but headed to PA this weekend. Figured there may be some stuff on there you guys didnt know about. Not sure how dry it is out there these days but some of the stuff on there may be dry

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So who's going out tomorrow?? Repacked and adjusted my front wheel bearings earlier cause they had a shit ton of play... just put new ones in maybe two weeks ago and I know that the spindle nut didn't back off (stage 8 spindle nut set) so I don't know what the hell was goin on with that. Adjusted them just as they should have been, so I guess they just wore in or something. Looks like the play wore the teeth edge on my left hub lock causing the inner gear to be iffy, so not sure how reliable thats gonna be now... planning on trying to get an older set that I blew apart swapped out under warranty tomorrow morning just incase.
I'll still head out either way, just need to figure out who's going since non of my buddies can/will make it.

If no one else is heading out I'll probably be taking the quad out instead. The pit I ride is literally one block from the power lines and like 3 blocks from the raceway- so if anyone still is looking to head out I could just throw the quad in the truck and still go cruise that around.

·
Registered
263 Posts
If no one else is heading out I'll probably be taking the quad out instead. The pit I ride is literally one block from the power lines and like 3 blocks from the raceway- so if anyone still is looking to head out I could just throw the quad in the truck and still go cruise that around.

Were you one of the onmes that the state park police got. There was a bunch of bikes around VI pit yesterday afternoon and a park police vehicle with it's lights on.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Were you one of the onmes that the state park police got. There was a bunch of bikes around VI pit yesterday afternoon and a park police vehicle with it's lights on.
We never even went out. I woke up late afternoon and just kinda didn't feel like riding, so that plan fell through as well. Is that pit near the racetrack? The only spot I ride at around there other than the powerlines is across the street from the raceway- have never had a problem with law enforcement there yet luckily and all the locals ride there anyway. Have had rangers try to "chase" us down from like a mile away down Raritan ave... but that was kind of a joke.

·
Registered
263 Posts
yes it is near the race track. Be careful riding on state land. They are using Live Maps (satellite imagery) and blocking people in spots. Remin me of the old street racing days of getting blocked in on the backroads of the pines

·
Registered
91 Posts
yes it is near the race track. Be careful riding on state land. They are using Live Maps (satellite imagery) and blocking people in spots. Remin me of the old street racing days of getting blocked in on the backroads of the pines
no way that is not cool

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Me and some friends are tryna head out somewhere this weekend since the others have been a bust. Should have a couple nice rigs coming out if anyone is interested in some exploring

·
Registered
91 Posts
Me and some friends are tryna head out somewhere this weekend since the others have been a bust. Should have a couple nice rigs coming out if anyone is interested in some exploring
i would but i need a axle shaft like a 72 t0 79 f150 or bronco if i had one i would go always down for a trail ride

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Headin out tonight with some people, not sure how many yet but at least a few other trucks. Don't know where yet but most likely somewhere in the Wharton area... If you're gonna be out there or want to try and maybe meet up let me know. Plans are for us to meet up around 9ish, so it'll be some night wheelin'/trails.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Headin out tonight with some people, not sure how many yet but at least a few other trucks. Don't know where yet but most likely somewhere in the Wharton area... If you're gonna be out there or want to try and maybe meet up let me know. Plans are for us to meet up around 9ish, so it'll be some night wheelin'/trails.
have fun out there

1 - 20 of 32 Posts