Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey everyone. I am thinking about buying a FSB and have some general questions: what’s the best year? I am looking for something I can daily drive (auto, AC) but can go anywhere if I want/need it to. I know this is a wide open question, but are there some general things to be aware of? For example are there certain years that have problems with electrical, tranny, etc? Are there particular engines that are great or others that are know to break down? Any specific years have great or terrible suspension (I’ll probably put a mild lift anyway)... steering, cooling, etc?

I’ll probably lean toward newer years for convenience items like fuel injection and AC, even though I love the look of older rigs... but I’m open to learning if that is a bad call.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Just some good rules of thumb I should know while shopping!

Looking forward to becoming part of the bronco family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have one I will sell you.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
That red ‘96 is so low because some joker put marker lights on the cab. Just kidding... sort of...

You’ll find quite a few in the high range because either they have been gone over and restored totally or someone has delusions of grandeur. We’ve all seen both on here. At the end of the day there are still deals to be had if you watch and wait. I picked up a 93 with a straight body and, though high mileage, strong motor and tranny and a nearly perfect interior for $6,000 last year about this time.

I’ve probably put about $3,500 into it since and that includes the “nice to haves” like completing the missing trim pieces around the topper, custom console, pioneer 7” touchscreen nav head unit, speakers, that fantastic bracket from desolate motorosports to keep the dash from flopping around and things that weren’t strictly necessary to keep her running well. I’d say probably $1,800 of it was things like u joints, tie rods, steering box, tires, tstat and enclosure, pulleys, radiator,battery, shocks etc. that I needed to make it a daily driver.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts