Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
6 months ago I purchased my 87 and it has the original radio/cassette player so I started searching online for some classic cassette tapes. They’re not that easy to come by nowadays but have had good luck on eBay and Etsy. Unfortunately, I haven’t even gotten to drive my Bronco yet since we are still getting it up and running after it sat for so long, but it’s still fun to look at old cassettes and picture myself enjoying them while riding around.

Anyway, I was just curious what everyone’s “soundtrack“ is when you get in your Bronco? Like, what’s a song that you enjoy listening to riding around or a song that takes you back to good times with you and your Bronco?
Lol my sound track is silent. My radio dont work

·
Registered
799 Posts
Every morning on my 0400 commute:

·
Registered
27 Posts
6 months ago I purchased my 87 and it has the original radio/cassette player so I started searching online for some classic cassette tapes. They’re not that easy to come by nowadays but have had good luck on eBay and Etsy. Unfortunately, I haven’t even gotten to drive my Bronco yet since we are still getting it up and running after it sat for so long, but it’s still fun to look at old cassettes and picture myself enjoying them while riding around.

Anyway, I was just curious what everyone’s “soundtrack“ is when you get in your Bronco? Like, what’s a song that you enjoy listening to riding around or a song that takes you back to good times with you and your Bronco?
I resurrected an old under-dash 8-track I had laying around in the "parts bin". Nothing like pulling into a gas station full of Eco-mobiles in a 78 Bronco with "Purple Haze" blaring out the window.

Most of my old tapes still work. Some are sounding their age though.

Anything by the Stones, Hendrix, Byrds, Floyd, Dead, etc. Best music ever recorded.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,065 Posts
Keep it on repeat, volume to 11, subwoofer kickin loud.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Keep it on repeat, volume to 11, subwoofer kickin loud.

Word is, ted nugent recorded the guitar intro perfectly on the first take.

I used to blast Metallica running through Chicago driving a tractor trailer, seemed fitting.........

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,215 Posts
I used to blast Metallica running through Chicago driving a tractor trailer, seemed fitting.........
Going thru Chicago in a big rig I think this would be more fitting. Would definitely get me outta your way 😉

·
Registered
247 Posts
Going thru Chicago in a big rig I think this would be more fitting. Would definitely get me outta your way 😉
It definitely would be fitting, but, alas, I didn't have a recording of that song.
They didn't get out of the way in Chicago, unless they realized they were about to die, sometimes not even then. Nobody used mirrors or turn signals there.

Reactions: BroncMom

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,065 Posts
Rainy Saturday morning, driving in to work, reminds me of pops driving me to roller hockey back in 1st and 2nd grade. Good old 610AM listning to good ol classic country like this

Of course taking mostly of the exact same route as 25 years ago does it too... I live not more than a mile from the house i grew up in.

Reactions: El Kabong

·
Registered
247 Posts
Rainy Saturday morning, driving in to work, reminds me of pops driving me to roller hockey back in 1st and 2nd grade. Good old 610AM listning to good ol classic country like this

Of course taking mostly of the exact same route as 25 years ago does it too... I live not more than a mile from the house i grew up in.
I know that song............

Reactions: BigBlue 94

·
Registered
623 Posts
This is such a funny and timely post. My buddy called me knowing I still had the original cassette in the ole Bronco and had 1 cassette, ABBA’s greatest hits. He brought over probably 100 cassettes from his Uncle and a dual cassette deck. I got a ‘84 Sony receiver and ‘85 speakers from my neighbor buddies. I’ll post a pic. I’m talking everything from the Stones to Tull to YAZ to Gabriel to REM to Pink Floyd to Pretenders and on and on. It sounds like you would expect but it’s a lot of fun!

·
Addicted to Junk
16,065 Posts
This is such a funny and timely post. My buddy called me knowing I still had the original cassette in the ole Bronco and had 1 cassette, ABBA’s greatest hits. He brought over probably 100 cassettes from his Uncle and a dual cassette deck. I got a ‘84 Sony receiver and ‘85 speakers from my neighbor buddies. I’ll post a pic. I’m talking everything from the Stones to Tull to YAZ to Gabriel to REM to Pink Floyd to Pretenders and on and on. It sounds like you would expect but it’s a lot of fun!

View attachment 182129
I need to bust out my pops old Technics turntable from the early 80s. Had it with a pioneer receiver, dual tape deck, equalizer, and a pair of 3ft DLK speakers with 12" woofers. The turntable is all thats left after a fire.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I still have my TEAC dual cassette player from the 80s, it's the only piece I have left from that home component setup. Unfortunately, it no longer plays. It tries to turn the tape, but it can't. The drive belts are done.
I did find a replacement source online, thinking about fixing it.
My turntable is maybe 12-15yrs old, has a USB output. My 80s kenwood turntable wasn't compatible with my newer A/V system, as the older turntables had a different output impedence, which hooked up to the matched turntable input on the receiver.
This newer unit hooks up anywhere.
You know, I still have an Emerson portable radio with built in 8 track player, and a case of 8 track tapes, got it when I was 13.
I also still have the very first radio I got, when I was 7. A small Panasonic handheld am radio. The year 1973 is cast into it. Yes, it still works.

·
Addicted to Junk
16,065 Posts
My AV receiver has a PHONO setting that is proper for the old turntables. And its just a stereo receiver, but has dual power running to the two speakers. Itll blast your socks off! Had to source a new belt and needle assembly for the turntable myself too.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My AV receiver has a PHONO setting that is proper for the old turntables. And its just a stereo receiver, but has dual power running to the two speakers. Itll blast your socks off! Had to source a new belt and needle assembly for the turntable myself too.
Yeah, the "PHONO" setting/back hookup was matched to the different output of turntables back in the day. I let my old receiver go before realizing that.
But, my new turntable connects anywhere, so all is well

·
Addicted to Junk
16,065 Posts
Yeah, the "PHONO" setting/back hookup was matched to the different output of turntables back in the day. I let my old receiver go before realizing that.
But, my new turntable connects anywhere, so all is well
My receiver is a yamaha from about 2016 so they still put it in some of them. But yeah, the new tables just plug right in any old RCA jack or whatever.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My receiver is a yamaha from about 2016 so they still put it in some of them. But yeah, the new tables just plug right in any old RCA jack or whatever.
My original, a kenwood from the 80s, was hooked to a yamaha from the 80s. Had an adc equalizer/amp, 10 band.
Those old units really cranked it out............

·
Addicted to Junk
16,065 Posts
A snoop dogg classic... But without the ghetto vibes

41 - 60 of 74 Posts