Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

ยท
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Woke up and felt great. The pinched nerve in my neck is doing better (after about my hundreth trip to the chiropractor), my carpet from stock interiors was supposed to arrive today, it wasn't raining for a change (actually looked like the sun might even come out) and started my day with an awesome BLT on chibatta bread with a nice fat slice of tomatoe... Then it all started to fall to shit ๐Ÿ˜’
So...Jumped into the bko to go to my hundred and first chiropractic visit, all happy, thinking we'll dig some good tunes, go get adjusted (which always helps), come home and hopefully my carpet will be waiting for me... Go to start the truck... And my freakin starter (that isn't even 6 months old) squeals ๐Ÿ˜ฎ wtf... Ok, maybe the parking gear isn't fully engaged (for some odd reason. My expy use to do this me every now and then). Put it in neutral... Same thing. Grrr ๐Ÿ˜ก so I stomp into the house, grab the keys for the baby ford, tell hubby to call Tony (our mechanic) and tell him what's going on (he bought the starter cause he likely killed it in the 22 weeks the bko was there getting it's overhaul, but we installed it)
and off I go to my appointment.
I text hubby when I get to the chiro's office and ask him if he got a hold of Tony... "I sent him a text, haven't heard back" ugh... This is why I told u to CALL him. We need that receipt to use the starters warranty to get a new one ๐Ÿ˜’ then off to bed he goes (third shifter) so today wasted for getting the new starter ๐Ÿ˜ก urge to kill, rising...
I get home from the chiro and sure enough my carpet is here YAY๐Ÿ˜€ ... I swear they put so many staples in this box you'd think the ark of the covenant was in there...
20191206_152608_HDR-1.jpg
20191206_152613_HDR-1.jpg

After 15 minutes of prying staples, out left handed cause my right arm is still weak as a kitten from the pinched nerve, i get to see my carpet
20191206_153412_HDR-1.jpg

Looks pretty good... Pull it out and what's this I feel... A freakin HOLE ๐Ÿ˜ฎ. Whatever 2 dollar sewing machine operator that made my to order carpet MISSED an outside edge curve when sewing the binding edge onto my carpet ๐Ÿ˜ก wtf ...it's not that hard... I use to bind and surge carpet all the time back in the day when I use to install...
20191206_153528_HDR.jpg

20191206_154248_HDR.jpg

img_1575665062831.jpg

Urge to kill reaching mass murderer levels...
So I call stock interiors, speak to a lovely young man named Logan ๐Ÿ˜ who promptly tells me to email pix to them, gives me the addy, and the subject number and in the middle of finishing our conversation... We get disconnected...SonOfaBitch! Urge to kill reaching nuclear levels...
Send the email, which I'm told will be our mode of conversation from here out... Ok, fine, wherever...
Aaand now, we're on a holding pattern on BOTH... The starter... And the carpet...๐Ÿ˜ก Grrr...

Screw this day...
Time for a nug... Then I'm just gonna go make a cherry pie ๐Ÿ˜Š can't screw that up ๐Ÿ˜‹

ยท
Addicted to Junk
10,823 Posts
Remember when I said to bitchslap hubby?! He needs it again hahaha!

Sorry for your bad day, tomorrow will be better! Except it's the weekend and you likely wont hear back on the carpet...

ยท
Premium Member
610 Posts
Yep, life sucks, then you die......

Er, sorry, stay positive. I'm sure ACC will make it right, I've never had an issue with stuff from them, but they have been around a while and all the stuff I've gotten from them has been quality, I'm sure they wouldn't be around still if they were peddling crap like that all the time and not making it right

ยท
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry for your bad day, tomorrow will be better! Except it's the weekend and you likely wont hear back on the carpet...
Thanks for the optimism @BigBlue 94 ๐Ÿ‘
At this point, it's whatever... I have a cherry pie and 4 blueberry wantons in the oven ๐Ÿ˜‹ (btw...hubby doesn't like cherry or blueberry ๐Ÿ˜)

ยท
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sure ACC will make it right, I've never had an issue with stuff from them, but they have been around a while and all the stuff I've gotten from them has been quality, I'm sure they wouldn't be around still if they were peddling crap like that all the time and not making it right
I'm sure they will @NickOille if not there's always the refund option... Just not a good first impression is all ๐Ÿ˜’
You'd think I'd be use to this by now... I swear I was a black cat in a past life ๐Ÿ˜

ยท
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,633 Posts
Dumb question:
Have you ever thought that maybe the chiropractor is the problem (re; your spine)?

ยท
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Dumb question:
Have you ever thought that maybe the chiropractor is the problem (re; your spine)?
No... He's not... He's not a traditional chiropractor who cracks and pops u thru harsh traumatic manipulation @CDA 455 he uses something called the activator method. Which is non traumatic and allows the chiro to manipulate individual vertabrae instead of sections of the spine making treatment more effective.
https://www.thejoint.com/arizona/scottsdale/hilton-village-48003/chiropractic-101-what-is-the-activator-method

ยท
Addicted to Junk
10,823 Posts
My pops has a pinched nerve in his back, from when he broke it a few months ago. He's just started going to water therapy. Not sure if it's working yet, but he says the 90ยฐ pool feels really good. He cant even sit in a recliner it hurts so bad. He had to go outside at Thanksgiving to throw up because it hurt so bad.

Hang in there, you've got 5 or 6 lives left!

ยท
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to hear about ur pops @BigBlue 94 i can totally relate to how he's feeling. I'm hanging in there... It would just be nice to be able to hit the easy button once in a while tho ๐Ÿ˜’

ยท
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hate me some bad days. Thank god for nuggets.
This too shall pass... and then it's on to the next PITA.
Ya know... I think with me it's more so the disappointment that gets me... Bad days are just that..a day is only 24 hours so it won't last forever... But the diisappointment... That lasts a lot longer...
So many things with my rig have been one huge high followed (generally) by a diisappointment... I mean I'm sure some of u guys can relate, but every freakin thing from the purchase (their non disclosure of the real condition of the truck), to the interior resto (the problems with the krylon paint). The monstaliner (the tailgate hazing because of the dew), the 22 weeks mechanical stuff (and still having starting issues), now the starter that isn't even 6 months old squeeling on multiple occasions over the last week, and the carpet... All psyched to get it in before Christmas so i could get my truck back together and get all these parts out of the house so i could actually do a holiday without tripping over parts... And it has a hole... Just tired of let downs... But... Bonus... I got interior cap trim for $10 so ๐Ÿ˜€ ... Just more shit to throw in the f#@kit bucket... (I need a bigger bucket ๐Ÿ˜‚).
Just chalk it up to that wonderful cosmic balance in the universe. For every up, there is a down... Right? ๐Ÿ˜

ยท
--------------
4,004 Posts
Don't forget the backside to your last sentence,
For every down, there is an up....

Which reminds me, I been meaning to mention lately your "New" Signature Pic.

Your rig is looking Mighty Nice with that Purple / White paint scheme,
Good Job Moms. (y)

ยท
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't forget the backside to your last sentence,
For every down, there is an up....

Which reminds me, I been meaning to mention lately your "New" Signature Pic.

Your rig is looking Mighty Nice with that Purple / White paint scheme,
Good Job Moms. (y)
Hey @White Dragon u are very correct on that backside point... I should keep that in mind more often... Just seems in my case it's good then goes to crap ๐Ÿ˜’ meh, but it's all good .. tomorrow's another day ๐Ÿ˜€
Thank u for the complement on my rig but (honest moment here) she's not quite there yet... She's still white... I did this because I wasn't entirely convinced on the 2 tone just yet and thought the more I see it, the more I'd get use to the idea... Or hate it and not do it but... I'm really digging it too... I also have a version where I changed the rims too Cragar 5 point old school rally rims (hubby hates the rims ๐Ÿ™ but I like em). Sorry if it seems deceptive, but she'll likely be 2 tone this summer. It's just nice to be able to experiment and get opinions before committing. Hope ur not too disappointed ๐Ÿ™. Maybe time to tap into that hard earned home equity ๐Ÿ˜
img_1573585287116.jpg

ยท
--------------
4,004 Posts
LoL,
You got me on the "photo shop" thing but that Purple looks unique enough to be cool.

Any way just look at how far your rig has come since you started.
I still say "Good Job".

ยท
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LoL,
You got me on the "photo shop" thing but that Purple looks unique enough to be cool.

Any way just look at how far your rig has come since you started.
I still say "Good Job".
Thanks darlin' โค I appreciate that more then u know.

ยท
Premium Member
35,058 Posts
Don't let the gremlins get you too far down @BroncMom
At the age most of our rigs are now... everything starts to go and by the time you get through everything, it's time to start again.
Still... we love our old FSB's because they're unique, cool and old school. This is the price we pay for digging the old iron.
I still prefer it over my ol' lady's 2015 F150 payments and there are a lot less of mine on the road than hers.

ยท
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Don't let the gremlins get you too far down @BroncMom
At the age most of our rigs are now... everything starts to go and by the time you get through everything, it's time to start again.
Still... we love our old FSB's because they're unique, cool and old school. This is the price we pay for digging the old iron.
I still prefer it over my ol' lady's 2015 F150 payments and there are a lot less of mine on the road than hers.
I agree @BikerPepe` we do love the old iron for all the same reasons. They have to get to a point that they're reliable otherwise they wouldn't have sold so many of them. I expect a certain degree of gremlins (like my starting issues) for it's age, it's the stuff u don't expect, like chunky spray paint and bed liner that's supposed to be fade resistant fading because of dew (they tell me that shouldn't happen, they've never heard of that happening before. Leave it to me to be the first ๐Ÿ˜) that's upsetting... When u do ur job right and shit fails because someone else didn't do theirs, that cheese's me off ๐Ÿ˜’
I would love to get to that point where I'm done and waiting to do it all over again... It would be a nice change of pace... One day at a time ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

ยท
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stress relief fuggedaboutit style...
Love that movie @silver70
Ma gf has offered to take me to her gun club ๐Ÿ˜ but with the pinched nerve in my neck i don't think I'd shoot well left handed ๐Ÿ™ someone could get killed ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts