Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. So the day started out OK. Woke up, ate breakfast, took a shower, etc.

The usual.

Sat around on the computer for a little bit, watched some TV, whatever. Then at about 2P started to get ready for work.

Once I was ready, I went outside, brushed all the snow off the Dodge, and started it up. Went back in, locked the house up, etc. got out and sat in the truck. Put in my favorite CD. ready to drive to work.

Look down, and see what used to be a 1/2 tank now almost on empty. No gas leaks, etc. Someone must have siphoned it out overnight. Not a normal occurence in my neighborhood, but not hard to believe with the economy the way it is. That's why I park the Bronco on empty in the winter.

Anyway, no big deal, I'll hit the station on my way and put some gas in the truck. So I put it in Reverse and start to back my Titanic-sized Dodge out onto the street. Now, when my street gets plowed, the huge mound of buildup always ends up at the end of my driveway. The BS Center axle disconnect vacuum POS on the Dodge is broken, and I've been to lazy to get the new part and put it in. I don't use 4x4 very often anyway. So the Dodge usually is a little tricky to get over that hump with, being so long. The rear wheels hop over fine, but the fronts usually get hung up on it.

Well. They did. and the rear wheels hit the ice. So there I am, stuck blocking the entire road. (my street has little to no traffic. It's just a small side street.) I thought it looked kind of funny. I put it in D, and went forward back into the Driveway. It's a pretty common occurence that I have to do that. So I back out again, a little more forcefully.

The front tires get over the hump, and I hit the brakes. No luck. Ice... Just slides, hardly even slowed down. So I back right into the snow bank on the other side of the street. At this point I was laughing thinking how funny this must look. Sure enough, I hit the snowbank at least forcefully enough to put both rear wheels into it. I'm surely not getting out without shoveling. So I got out and shoveled it all, then tried to move forward. Wouldn't go. Still Ice.

Eventually, I managed to rock it back and forth enough to get it to move a few feet each way.

Then I got the crazy idea that I would put it in reverse and try to turn out of the snow bank, since at this point I was about parallel with it, just to far into it on the right side.

So ok, this looks like it's going to work! Sweet!

Get in the truck, put it in reverse, and all of a sudden I feel a POP underneath my right foot, which was on the brake pedal.. then the brake pedal goes to the floor.

Damnit.

So I get out and look under the truck. I see the brake fluid dripping near the left front tire.

Called my buddy at this point to see if he could come give me a tug, and I would just ditch the truck in the driveway and hitch a ride to work with someone else, then worry about the Dodge later. Well... my buddy's at work already. (not the same place as me)

So I go inside and make some phone calls. No one is available! At this point I think the situation is just funny more than anything.

So here I am. The truck is stuck in the snow bank with a busted brake line, and practically no brakes. And I'm sitting here waiting for someone to call me back who might give me a ride to work. :toothless

My buddy said he'll be over tomorow to see if we can't tug the truck out of the snowbank.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
what you get for driving a dodge

You cant just use the bronco?

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Haha. Sounds like something that would happen to me

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what you get for driving a dodge

You cant just use the bronco?
I knew you all were going to start bashing the Dodge. It is a great truck. Brake lines do go bad once in a while, I'm just glad it happened now, and not when I have to make an emergency quick stop to avoid hitting someone or something.

And about the Bronco. It is parked for winter. Tags need to be renewed, and it has only storage insurance on it. Plus the roads are still salty. I won't drive it in the salt. Not even if I have to hitch a ride or borrow my parents spare truck for a few days. which is most likely what i'll do when they call me back

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn still relying on mommy and daddy to bail you out?

Ray

**** you man. My parents don't bail me out. They have a spare truck they let me borrow if I need to. How the **** is that bailing me out?

Dipshit.

I'm just using there truck to get to work today, then tomorow before work I'll fix the brake line.

I'm not about to put tags and insurance on the Bronco just to get to work one day.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
Well since everyone is posting there day here is mine in a nutshell.

Got up at 630 this morning and ate a bowl of raisan bran and an apple with a tall glass of milk and some coffee. took my vitamin and Hydroxycut hardcore.

at about 0700 i got my daughter ready for school and gave her breakfast. same as me, without vitamin and hydroxycut.

0805 drop kid off at school.

0830 gym and run 5 miles, lift for abotu 1.5 hours.

1030 come back home and make some egg salad sandwiches and take somemore vitamins.

1100 get on net, scratch balls.
1105 log onto my study shit and study for 1.5 hours.
1230 pick kid up from school, early release, drink protien shake
1300 take nap and scratch balls again, well more of a shift.
1430 wake up, eat again, then make daughter snack and log onto net. here it is an hour later and i have read two other people talking about there day.

The only difference in yours and mine, other then mine is better then yours. is my truck started and drove just fins, and there is no damn snow here

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
I heard dodge discontinued those brake lines. You might end up bending your own.

·
Banned
495 Posts
Well since everyone is posting there day here is mine in a nutshell.

Got up at 630 this morning and ate a bowl of raisan bran and an apple with a tall glass of milk and some coffee. took my vitamin and Hydroxycut hardcore.

at about 0700 i got my daughter ready for school and gave her breakfast. same as me, without vitamin and hydroxycut.

0805 drop kid off at school.

0830 gym and run 5 miles, lift for abotu 1.5 hours.

1030 come back home and make some egg salad sandwiches and take somemore vitamins.

1100 get on net, scratch balls.
1105 log onto my study shit and study for 1.5 hours.
1230 pick kid up from school, early release, drink protien shake
1300 take nap and scratch balls again, well more of a shift.
1430 wake up, eat again, then make daughter snack and log onto net. here it is an hour later and i have read two other people talking about there day.

The only difference in yours and mine, other then mine is better then yours. is my truck started and drove just fins, and there is no damn snow here
i hope yoru washing your filthy hands before making the food.... damn meatheads..

Ray

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
i hope yoru washing your filthy hands before making the food.... damn meatheads..

Ray
I don't....

I am bbq'ing tongiht, wanna come over? :toothless

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im just giving you some hell for driving a broken dodge.. wussy! now go change yoru tampax

Ray
Well then I apologize. I missed the sarcasm in your post.

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here I thought I was going to read about a new truck.:doh0715:
No... You must have missed that one. Search 1990 Dodge Ram 4x4 and you'll find it!

:toothless

·
Banned
495 Posts
at least you dont live with your mommy and daddy like some of these pu$$y boys i see around here 18+ living with mommy and daddy.. wonder if they tuck them in at night, how embarssing is that

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
at least you dont live with your mommy and daddy like some of these pu$$y boys i see around here 18+ living with mommy and daddy.. wonder if they tuck them in at night, how embarssing is that
Nope... I moved out the week of my 18th birthday and have been on my own ever since. Never moved back in with them. I have 2 jobs just to keep all my bills paid (or try to) 1 full time and one part time.

It's been tough a few times, but I don't ever regret doing it. You learn a whole lot when you move out on your own and take responsibility for yourself.

Also, I'm far from a Dodge guy... I just got it on an really good trade. I'm sure I'll only have it a couple months and trade it on. I like the truck though, It's only the second Dodge I've ever owned, and this one is way better than the first, so I really wouldn't mind owning another

·
Lick my
2,086 Posts
Oh really? Does it make me a bad person that I couldnt afford to move out before I was 21? In Chicago, you have to make a minimum of $45k a year to afford all of the ridiculous taxes they have here. I know plenty of people that still have to live with their parents/relatives just so they can live under a roof and not in a box. Most people have multiple incomes so they can afford a house, just like my parents. I could have moved out at 18, but my mom lost her job and I had to pick up the slack.

Sorry, its a bit of a sensative subject.

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
Some of us still live with the folks due to the income/cost of living ratio. Think thats a little more of an issue that being a pu$$y. I still live at home because I can't afford to have a truck payment AND over $650 rent in the worst part of Denver. Sorry man, thats a low, and unnecessary blow. Real sensitive subject. Some of us work our asses off to try to get to the point of living. I was a week away from gettign my place when BOTH my trucks took a shit on me. Try $1000 in repairs per truck and starting out on your own. Doesn't happen.

Aaron, sorry to hear bout the Dodge man, been in the place where everything goes wrong too many times before.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts