Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw it sittin in someones yard, went to the door and asked about it. 40mins later I had to loaded up on a trailer and heading home with it.

Its a '95,, i think the "sport" eddition,, all red,, bumpers,, mirrors. It has 150k miles on it. It has a 351 engine. The catch is, I have no title.

It sat for a year, after a long jump it started right up and drove onto the trailer. It has four NEW tires,, on mint factory alum rims. The quarters are rusted, but the rest of the body is nice. I'll have pictures up tomorow morning.

Whatever i do with the truck, i have to move FAST my dad isnt pleased about the extra car in the driveway. I may be able to get a title for it for like $130,, im going to get it running again tomorow,, top off all fluits and drive it around, see if its worth gettin a title for.

Any suggestions? Value? how do you know it a trucks too good to part out?

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
who has the title?

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
Ryan T said:
I saw it sittin in someones yard, went to the door and asked about it. 40mins later I had to loaded up on a trailer and heading home with it.

Its a '95,, i think the "sport" eddition,, all red,, bumpers,, mirrors. It has 150k miles on it. It has a 351 engine. The catch is, I have no title.

It sat for a year, after a long jump it started right up and drove onto the trailer. It has four NEW tires,, on mint factory alum rims. The quarters are rusted, but the rest of the body is nice. I'll have pictures up tomorow morning.

Whatever i do with the truck, i have to move FAST my dad isnt pleased about the extra car in the driveway. I may be able to get a title for it for like $130,, im going to get it running again tomorow,, top off all fluits and drive it around, see if its worth gettin a title for.

Any suggestions? Value? how do you know it a trucks too good to part out?
A pic or two would be nice. who knows with rust. change fluids and fire it back up and drive it a little. If all ok, it should be worth 3k if you can score title to it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not stolen, the owner of the truck moved across the country and left it at his parents house, they have no title,, he lost it apperentley. It happens all the time, techincally there is no way to replace a lost title in MA, although I've been told there are a few ways around that, I'm going to look into it, but all i have right now its a bill of sale stateing "for parts only",, and even if it can only be a parts truck, i really still cant lose.

I cant wait for the sun to come out tomorow, i dont have to be in work untill 2 tomorow afternoon, so that should give me some time to go threw it more. Im going to check/top off all fluids, fill up the tires,, maybe threw a better battery in it and drive it around. This should give me an idea of the trucks condition. I want to determine if its worth gettin a title for and selling as a whole, i think it may be.

One things for sure,, the driveways lookin pretty badass with my this and my black '96 EB parked next to eachother:twotu: too bad my dad doesnt agree :banghead :duh

I got a flashlight and got under the truck,, the seal around the oil pan is a little wet,, but nothing too bad, most I've seen are worse. Everything else looks dry and solid,, and the rust is pretty much contained to the rear quarters, frame,, fuel lines, floor pans,,, everthing else looks solid. Its not quite a rust free as my '96 but it seems real solid,, espechally the interiour, you can tell nothings ever been takin apart, unlike my '96 where I've had pretty much everything apart at one time or another. I noticed it has a factory alarm (yuck).... factory wireing for trailer lights, but no frame mounted hitch,, and this really sexy protective matt to keep the rug clean behind the rear seat,, I've been wanting one of those ;)

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Ryan T said:
Not stolen, the owner of the truck moved across the country and left it at his parents house, they have no title,, he lost it apperentley. It happens all the time, techincally there is no way to replace a lost title in MA, although I've been told there are a few ways around that, I'm going to look into it, but all i have right now its a bill of sale stateing "for parts only",, and even if it can only be a parts truck, i really still cant lose.

I cant wait for the sun to come out tomorow, i dont have to be in work untill 2 tomorow afternoon, so that should give me some time to go threw it more. Im going to check/top off all fluids, fill up the tires,, maybe threw a better battery in it and drive it around. This should give me an idea of the trucks condition. I want to determine if its worth gettin a title for and selling as a whole, i think it may be.

One things for sure,, the driveways lookin pretty badass with my this and my black '96 EB parked next to eachother:twotu: too bad my dad doesnt agree :banghead :duh

I got a flashlight and got under the truck,, the seal around the oil pan is a little wet,, but nothing too bad, most I've seen are worse. Everything else looks dry and solid,, and the rust is pretty much contained to the rear quarters, frame,, fuel lines, floor pans,,, everthing else looks solid. Its not quite a rust free as my '96 but it seems real solid,, espechally the interiour, you can tell nothings ever been takin apart, unlike my '96 where I've had pretty much everything apart at one time or another. I noticed it has a factory alarm (yuck).... factory wireing for trailer lights, but no frame mounted hitch,, and this really sexy protective matt to keep the rug clean behind the rear seat,, I've been wanting one of those ;)
I would have the vin checked out...it is suspicous that you would get something so new for free...plus not being able to get a title is a bunch of bs...people have lost a title but you can get another one...it just sounds fishy and thats probably why your dad doesnt like it...I would at least have the vin number checked by a police department...don't believe everything people tell you...if it all checks out then that is a good deal...

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
I got a free Bronco once. A 92 "Nite" edition from my uncle. Its a great
feeling to get any free working 4x4. I cleaned it out, robbed some part off
of it for my truck and sold it for $1500. Drove it around for a while though.
It was nice and felt quick since it had stock tires on it.

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
DO yourself a favor find a random cop go up to him ask him if he can run a vin for you. If asked why just tell him you were thinking about buying it but it didnt have a title. that what I did with the 79 I bought they had no problem doing it. you dont want to findout you just got something that was stolen. IT happens everyday

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It got a charge on it,, threw some oil in it and drove it around, somethings causeing it to idle @ 2,000rpms,,, makin it slam in and out of gear. It doesnt seem that fast,, may need a tuneup.

I've decided that its not worth putting on the road, or selling a a running truck. Im going either sell it whole as a parts truck that cant be registered,, of wheel the shit outta it.

check out the picts
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ryanwhaler/Bronco/DSCF0021.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ryanwhaler/Bronco/DSCF0022.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ryanwhaler/Bronco/DSCF0023.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ryanwhaler/Bronco/DSCF0024.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v222/ryanwhaler/Bronco/DSCF0025.jpg

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Ryan T said:
I've decided that its not worth putting on the road, or selling a a running truck. Im going either sell it whole as a parts truck that cant be registered,, of wheel the shit outta it.

That's good sell parts off of something that good be possibly stolen before checking or even in possesion...have fun with bubba while he pounds you in the ace in jail...:lowblow

1 - 20 of 76 Posts