Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if its not one thing its another.......i just finished fixing the truck with the transmission and surging, NOW!!!! i take the plug they put on the transfer case motor spot to see if the shaft was there......quess what.....ITS JUST A VACANT HOLE so they didnt put the shift tube in........so now im looking for parts or a used transfer cause this is just stupid! just wtf

cause i think they just stripped everything and made it RWD

ill take a pic in a moment

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,719 Posts
wait, are you saying your transfer case is gutted?? not sure how that would be possible..the rear driveshaft is driven through the transfer case, so there has to be something in there..

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wait, are you saying your transfer case is gutted?? not sure how that would be possible..the rear driveshaft is driven through the transfer case, so there has to be something in there..
ikr!!!!! but literally there is not shift tube :/ and mostliekly no shift fork

·
Registered
1994 XL, E40D, 5.0, rear lsd, front auto hubs
201 Posts
I assume taking the transfer case out is very easy, but tearing into it, as iffy as an auto transmission? I tore down two manual trannies (chevy S10 and 2004 GT Mustang)and it's pretty straight forward to fix major problems in those because you can see them. In auto trannies after watching videos of it I still don't have a clue . I imagine a transfer case is easy. It's like 3 gears in a box right? 2h 4l 4h ? Loooool. But seriously, can't be that bad. Do you still have the front driveshaft connected to it?u

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I assume taking the transfer case out is very easy, but tearing into it, as iffy as an auto transmission? I tore down two manual trannies (chevy S10 and 2004 GT Mustang)and it's pretty straight forward to fix major problems in those because you can see them. In auto trannies after watching videos of it I still don't have a clue . I imagine a transfer case is easy. It's like 3 gears in a box right? 2h 4l 4h ? Loooool. But seriously, can't be that bad. Do you still have the front driveshaft connected to it?u
yes it does, problem is that there is SO MUCH!!!! missing that what would be the point? id spend more rebuilding it then getting a used one

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So...what happens when you shift to 4L?
when i bought it i though it was jus covered cause maybe there motor died, nope, most likely there case failed and turned it rwd only, took a peak in side and didnt see any chains

·
Registered
1994 XL, E40D, 5.0, rear lsd, front auto hubs
201 Posts
Sucks to be you brother. One way I found to go through pain is to project yourself in the futurw after the repair is done and try to imagine how it feels. It helps. Now here and get to work. Might not be that bad if they only removed the chains. I assume you have a 1356? This is for a 1356, electrical switch.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

This guy is local to me and is offering this transfer for 100$, i was thinking of rebuilding it in my free time, it was for his 94-95 bronco

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
14,675 Posts
View attachment 177481
This guy is local to me and is offering this transfer for 100$, i was thinking of rebuilding it in my free time, it was for his 94-95 bronco
Buy it quick! I pay 85 to 150 (depending on which JY) for a JY transfer case that i had to pull off myself.

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,520 Posts
Seems like a good choice. Unless you want to swap to a manual while you're at it. Even so, this could get you 4wd in the meantime. I'd grab it.

·
Registered
‘90 EB Full Custom build -Mega Truck Bogger
755 Posts
That sucks....I couldn’t give my 1336 away and scrapped it to a junk yard....nobody wanted it

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Buy it quick! I pay 85 to 150 (depending on which JY) for a JY transfer case that i had to pull off myself.
it has a different connector end!!! D: what am i suppose to do!?! i would have to dismantle the one i have on the truck

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

This is a similar picture to what the seller has,can i just change the "output flange" i think its called to the bronco one?

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
View attachment 177520
This is a similar picture to what the seller has,can i just change the "output flange" i think its called to the bronco one?
Yes the output shaft yoke can be swapped... you might want to take the yoke off before you pull the transfer case... the. Wait to put it back on when the new transfer case is installed... otherwise you need an impact gun to get the nut loose.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes the output shaft yoke can be swapped... you might want to take the yoke off before you pull the transfer case... the. Wait to put it back on when the new transfer case is installed... otherwise you need an impact gun to get the nut loose.
HAHAHA yup your right, if not its going to be a pain to get it off
any specific torque spec?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts