Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what this is and where it is supposed to go? It's a 1990 FSB, 302 (was 351, see sig) E4OD. It's been sitting there since i've had the bronco. I don't know what it is or where it goes or if I even need it. Maybe it was something that was for the 351 and the 302 doesn't need it?

Thanks
Solid.
:beer

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
That there is the air temperature sensor, I believe it is called. If you look at the intake manifold right where that sensor is, roughly, you will either see a plug where it is supposed to go, or you have a massive vacuum leak. I am totally puzzled. Why would someone take that out and leave it out?

My 302 has it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cleaned it off last night. The end was covered in grease. I replaced my coolant temp sensor this morning. I broke it while taking the thermostat housing off (wrench slipped and hit the sensor). I haven't been able to find a place for this though. I'm at a lose.

Thanks
Solid.
:beer

·
Lick my balls
13,048 Posts
waltman said:
That there is the air temperature sensor, I believe it is called. If you look at the intake manifold right where that sensor is, roughly, you will either see a plug where it is supposed to go, or you have a massive vacuum leak. I am totally puzzled. Why would someone take that out and leave it out?

My 302 has it.
read again

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I gottcha the first time. I just didn't really finish was I was saying (in a hurry to go look for a place for it again). I cleaned it last night because I broke the coolant temp sensor, (which I haven't seen before) and it looked like the same thing (from the outside) thinking maybe the 351 had 2 for some reason. When i took the coolant temp sensor I realized the mystery part wasn't coolant temp sensor.

Thanks for the help Waltman. :beer :beer

I'm going to go back out and do some more searching. Now I know where to look.

·
Banned
32,511 Posts
ACT/IAT It screws into one of the intake runners below the fuel rail on the L side. There must already be one in there, since it would be a MASSIVE vacuum leak without it.

If there's no hole for it there, you must have a MAF intake that has the ACT in the air filter box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts