Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always used bosch platinum plugs thinks that bosch is good for fords, but while i was at the shop today autozone delivered some bosch plat plugs for them to put in another car that they were tuning up. as soon as the "master mechanic" saw them he said hell no take those back and bring back some NGK's because bosch plats misfire all he time. I have been using BP plugs in my t-bird for years but have always had some misfire problems. has anyone else had these problems with bosch plats? and i so what plug do you recommend for my 5.8? and same thing for my 3.8 t-bird?
thanks
jason

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Bosch plats are overpriced junk. I use the Autolite cheapies and love them. You have to change them more often, but they provide much better combustion.

·
Registered
445 Posts
bosch plats are junk....i replaced them twice in a mth and half. they burn up quick. i am goin to autolite.

·
Registered
278 Posts
copper autolite's

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
sack up and buy motorcraft, very good plug. I would never run autozone shit in my truck aka autolite, champian, bosch etc

·
Registered
67 Posts
I happen to be a Bosch fan. They make good fuel injection, good power tools, good household appliances.

I run Bosch platinum 2s, with the two electrodes. It is a different shape than the standard Bosch platinum plug. I have had good results with them.

96ProjectBronco

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Motorcraft, all the way :rockon

·
Registered
636 Posts
Motorcraft Plugs are made by Autolite. So if you buy Autolite you're getting Motorcraft. Get the Autolite Double Platinums, and they are as good at the Motorcraft plugs ending in PP (AGSF-32-PP). I've never had luck with Bosch platinums in big V-8's, especially Mopars. They're good for imports, though.

·
Garage kept
1,186 Posts
go motorcraft platinum

·
green ones make me horny
11,152 Posts
SrATEX said:
plane jane motorcraft for my rig...works wonders
are those water proof?:histerica

i use autolites. dont last as long but when you do yearly tune ups no big deal

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
imlikeojnow said:
are those water proof?:histerica

i use autolites. dont last as long but when you do yearly tune ups no big deal

yup:rofl:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Platinum is not as conductive as other metals like copper. I use Champions, Autolites, or NGKs in the cheapo versions and have no problems

·
Registered
13,883 Posts
only reason the platinums sell...is cause of the bling bling....platinum grills go well with platinum plugs

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
The only plugs that I will use in my Bronco are Motorcraft or Autolite. I been around this forum and other Bronco forums, and from what I can tell, it looks like about 75% of the Bronco owners prefer either the Motorcraft or Autolite in plain Jane style.
They are about the only plug I could get to come out of the engine looking like they were burning perfectly across the RPM range.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts