Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PO installed a switch in the steering column on my eBay bronco. One wire (orange) runs to a 20 amp fuse attached to the starter solenoid. I'm not sure where the other (yellow) goes yet, I wasn't able to trace it past the floorboard. It doesn't go into the engine compartment like the solenoid wire.

I can flip it on/off and nothing seems to happen.

Does it run to the solenoid for power?

It may have been connected to a light bar as it was used by a municipality. If the yellow wire isn't being used anymore, what can I do with it?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
cut it or just remove the whole switch itself. if your going to cut the yellow wire, electrical tape the end of it. would be best to remove the wire from the switch tho... you can wire lights, acc, etc to that. the possiblities are endless.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
if you use it for lights I'd say use it to switch a relay. That wire looks pretty thin not to mention the switch doesn't look like it is designed to handle much power either.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Leave it there. Switches kick ace and chicks dig a cock--pit that looks like you got in an airplane. :rofl:

·
Try it now!!
9,119 Posts
Leave it there. Switches kick ace and chicks dig a cock--pit that looks like you got in an airplane. :rofl:
lol yea but chicks dont dig a cockpit that looks like the all the instruments were stolen and the wiring was left behind!

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Hook it to the ejector seat. :toothless

...or the warp drive.

Duh, that should be the engage switch for the flux capacitor. :toothless

·
Registered
405 Posts
Looks like a a remote starter switch to disable the unit for servicing the Bronco. Could be for the flux capacitor, though...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Having a prior service vehicle, I too have alot of odd wires going all over the place. The connection to the selonoid is just a constant hot (connected directly to the battery) I have one too. I am guessing the red (it looks red to me) wire from the floor connects to the orange one? I would reccomend that you spend some time tracing the yellow wire out. It may lead to something cool. I found my wig-wags that way.

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
I vote for kill switch, or possibly for speakers in the passanger seat that are so loud they will blow a womans clothes off.

·
Premium Member
8,517 Posts
Having a prior service vehicle, I too have alot of odd wires going all over the place. The connection to the selonoid is just a constant hot (connected directly to the battery) I have one too. I am guessing the red (it looks red to me) wire from the floor connects to the orange one? I would reccomend that you spend some time tracing the yellow wire out. It may lead to something cool. I found my wig-wags that way.
Wonder if its the electric lock release for the shot gun?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
I vote for kill switch, or possibly for speakers in the passanger seat that are so loud they will blow a womans clothes off.
If they had a flux capacitor in the italian job, it would have made the movie a lot more realistic. :rofl:

·
Registered
78 Posts
well it might be a switch so that a cop can switch it on and take out their keys and their car will stay running, but if someone jumps in without the keys, soon as they hit the brakes it dies or something, I know the cops in my town have that...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Found it!

Found it! Traced yellow wire under the housing where the seatbelt reel is near the floor. Took the housing off, and there it was - flux capacitor.

There was a melted 15 amp fuse in the flux capacitor. I replaced it and hit the switch and my garage lit up like the 4th of July from the wigwag lights. My 3 year old took off running into the house.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Sweet. But isn't it illegal to have wig-wags on a civilain car/truck? Or is it just not illegal to use them?

KC?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts