Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend told me to get Nitto Grappler tires fro my Broncho. I'm not familiar with these tires so I'm a bit skeptical about it. Has anyone tried using this brand before? If yes, what are your thoughts about it?

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
I haven't run Nittos on my Bronco. I ran Trail Grappler MTs on 2 different F150s and I loved those tires. They were pretty heavy. I ran them year round and they were good in snow. I ran Terra Grappler ATs on an older F150 and didn't like those. Surprisingly they didn't feel as sure footed in rain or snow as the MTs. Nitto is owned by Toyo and IMO makes quality tires.
This was my 2014 F150 Tremor with Trail Grapplers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have never owned Nitto's or Toyo's so take my opinion with a grain of salt. I think they manufacture quality tires but are over priced. I was dead set to buy a set of ridge grapples for my super duty, then when I would read deeper into some forums guys were not pleased with traction at take off, wet roads, or snow performance, again not my personal experience just what I read. Some of the guys said this was do to the very hard rubber compound. For a set of 35x12.5 R18 it would have been over $1600 installed. I ended up going with a Falken Wildpeak AT3's in a 35x11.5 R18 for just over half the price. It really depends what you are using the Bronco for and the performance and longevity you want.

·
Registered
95 351W
71 Posts
I use them - they're fine. Shocked there isn't more road noise - but I have not used them for winter.

Edit: mine are stupid big

·
Registered
24 Posts
I run the terra grappler A/T 2's and never had an issue in all sorts of driving conditions (e.g. rain, snow, loose gravel, mixed aggregate, sand, off-road forest, mud). I had BFG K/O's and reason for the switch was hydroplaning here in the wet PNW. Nothing with the Nitto's.
V/R,

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
16,371 Posts
Had the terragrapplers on my 96 f350. Good tire. Not enough of a mud terrain for me. The super swamper irok nd is my tire of choice. I currently have them on 3 vehicles.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,916 Posts
I could only get 25k out of my Nitto AT2's.. on my F250. I now run cooper STT Pros on my bronco and the Cooper AT3 XLT.. very happy and deep tread on my F250

·
Premium Member
2,021 Posts
I got 50K miles out of the Trail Grapplers on my 2011 F150. I probably could of got more but with winter coming I wanted new shoes. The Trail Grapplers on my 2014 F150 had over 40K miles when I traded the truck.

·
People keep buying my
88 custom with wiring issues
8,018 Posts
Currently running 305/55/20 Ridge Grapplers on my 2500HD High Country. So far i have 20k mi, and theyre at about 50-60% life. only thing is i wish they were a little better in the rain. other than that they're great on dry, mud, dirt, etc.

Vehicle Off-roading Car Automotive tire Tire

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.