Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets say ya had $10,000 to buy a car, hopefully american!!!..what would ya buy, would ya blow all 10 grand on a newer car, or buy an 80s or so car and build it with most of the 10grand. or, would ya buy a brand new totaled car, get the motor and tranny out of it, and drop it in a 500 dollar beater????, the goal of what ever car ya buy and build is to be fast "not fast lookin!",fast!, stong, powerful, and somewhat reliable! it can be hacked or done right but ya only have 10 grand...and ya dont need to worry about insurance, so pick a car and some items to buy for it, and lets see what ya come up with!!!!

air

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
88 bronco, black and tan like my old one 2000
straight 44 1000
gears, ARBs, compressor 1500
leaf springs and stuff for swap 800
36 inch swampers and hummer rims 2000
custom front and rear bumpers, full skids like rafs 800
winch and tools 1100
half doors 200
nice stereo 600

that is my dream rig, maybe i can build it one day

wes

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
pinto with a 8 inch lift on 35 inch Boggers. Drop in a sweet engine and a nice loud exhaust and do some re-fabbing so it wont explode on impact :thumbup

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
this thing called college, and stupid insurance companies.

we got my tundra so i would have a reliable vehicle for the 5 hour drive one way to school. we planned on keeping my bronco as a toy for me and my dad, but the insurance company screwed us over saying they were goin to jack up our costs for all kinds of reasons because we had more vehicles than drivers, and noone else will list us cause my moms car has been broken into twice in 2 years, i had a mishap in my bronco, and i wrecked my tundra. it is really really stupid, and i really really hated selling that thing. oh well, ill have another one next summer most likely.

wes

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
You guy's missed the point of the thread a little bit.
the goal of what ever car ya buy and build is to be fast "not fast lookin!",fast!, stong, powerful, and somewhat reliable
I'd have to say like a 1972 Pinto station wagon model with a Boss 429 wedged under the hood built a little hotter than the Boss 429 in the Tasca Super Boss Mustang. Nice fat Mickey T's in the back. Of course a 9" in back also. Lenco tranny passing the power to the tires.

Either that or a Mazda Miata body/frame with a twin turbo'd 393 stroker. Can you say "zoom zoom"?

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
if it were a fast car i was building. a late model firebird non t/a, slap in an old 389 tri power from a gto and somehow make it smog legal, that would be a nice car, but i still stick with my original bronco proposition

wes

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
awesome!!, sorry about the bronco wes, and i dont konw if the monstertruck pinto is fast enough...but awesome ideas!! keep them coming!

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,177 Posts
you guys SUCK! :goodfinge

$10,000 laying around for a CAR...

Mustang, 'vette, SS Camaro... to name a few that I would like to buy and restore.

$10,000 is only a down payment on a brand new car these days.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
4xPepe` said:
you guys SUCK! :goodfinge
And you would turn down a ride in a Pinto powered by a 429 Boss that's been stroked and poked to 494? Or a twin turbo 393 Stroker powered Miata? I think not. :goodfinge I thought they were rather good ideas. :toothless :brownbag

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the offroad shop that competes with us has a brand new 600 horse, dry, 302, built by roush for 8 grand, leaves me with 2 thousand..than get a 9"from a junk yard, gears and a detroit locker, that leaves me with abouit a grand left! 498 of that will be used for all different kinds of steal, and another 5 would be for this built t-5 tranny i have at work!..so why so much steal, and what about a car???
the car is a freebee!! its a sundance!!!looks just like a shadow!!:shocked :twak , i would cut and hack the car to fit the motor and tranny, and use steal to reinforce what little frame it has, make sure the car doesnt rip apart!!make all the brackets for motor tranny and rear end..and any other custom fabed stuff to make it work, and than use the remaining 2 dollars to by 2 cans of black spray paint and black out the whole car!!, and on the back in bright whit, it will say...."dosn't play well with rice!"

hahahhaha!

i rather just get a mustang tho, or a little 302 ranger!!

but the sundance is awesome and just wrong!!

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,177 Posts
Project Lazarus said:
And you would turn down a ride in a Pinto powered by a 429 Boss that's been stroked and poked to 494? Or a twin turbo 393 Stroker powered Miata? I think not. :goodfinge I thought they were rather good ideas. :toothless :brownbag
I would be open to taking a ride in one... but I wouldn't waste my 10G on one. :goodfinge
Growing up a friend of mine redid a Pinto Station wagon w/a 350 (I think) and painted it Purple.
We called it "The Purple Pinchero". That thing hauled azz, but it would barely stay on the road and the torque was breaking mounts all the time. It was a backyard cheapo... but still was wickid crazy!
Drove it and rode in it... would NEVER own it though.
I'd rather go buy a Gremlin X with all the left over parts from the AMX Javelin's. American Muscle parts shoved into a light ass rig like that Gremlin... WOOO-HOOO!
I used to blow by 'stangs & camaro's alike with that 302, limited slip rearend and weight combination.

·
College User
2,023 Posts
With the cost of purchase and all my truck has now it is 10,000. So I guess I got the right truck cause selling it aint an option anymore.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
4xPepe` said:
Growing up a friend of mine redid a Pinto Station wagon w/a 350 (I think) and painted it Purple.
We called it "The Purple Pinchero". That thing hauled azz, but it would barely stay on the road and the torque was breaking mounts all the time. It was a backyard cheapo... but still was wickid crazy!
Drove it and rode in it... would NEVER own it though.
That would be so hot; I guess I'd be the only person on here that would 'roll it. :toothless Not guessing you guys ever took it to the drag strip for time slips?

·
Registered
13,891 Posts
ill take a 92 F350 dually, regular cab, with the 7.3L and a full banks turbo kit, and other mods. with the T5 trans. it will be fast enough for me!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
i would buy a second gen camaro 78-81 specifically for $500. Rebuild the suspension with new rubber and if u are lucky don't have to change the rearend like i was$1500. get a rebuilt 350 short block for $700. vortec heads that has been up. for 2.02 1.60 valves $800. get a supercharger setup $4000. start adding tration mods to handle the torque $800. put a painless wire harness in it $300. red othe interior $900. paint the outside at home $150. and buy tire and wheel $1200. that come out around 11000 so maybe you can save some money in some area. want to do this to my camaro but the super charger.

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
for a car.... 99-01 24V DOHC Ford Taurus. Honestly.

They are pretty quick and the last a long time.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts