Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
I like holleys and I like edelbrocks, they are both easy to work on IMO
as far as electric fuel pumps, I dont know if you will see a big difference on a stock motor and carb? but you do get an increase in fuel pressure with them. and you need a pressure regulator, I just prefer them over stock, but the stock ones are just fine for stock motors...Just my.02

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
I'm trying to decide on a carb for my 400 and Im in california.
your gonna need to keep the stock 2bbl with EGR, unless you know someone.

It might pass the sniffer, but the visual they will fail you on.

·
Registered
966 Posts
get what passes smog (i know its a PITA) and then put what you what one for the rest of the year.

·
www.lifted4christclub.com
2,708 Posts
agree with above, or just stick with the stock 2 brrl, if it's a stock motor you don't need much more than that. key word though is need, if you are going to wheel it hard alot and need some power, go with a holley 550, i've heard that's the perfect carb for it.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
I personelly love EFI and would do it all over again. but I know the stupid smog nazi's in ca would never pass what I did

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
yup

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
I know I had seen it in a past thread, why dont you P.M me more on that, or post up some info on it, I bet their would be alot of interest in that

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
there is a 5 page or so thread on it all over on pjb.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
it's not hard to find.

click on the 351m/400 forum. it is a sticky

·
IM FAT, YOUR UGLY!
3,783 Posts
ever since I had the Edelbrock 1406 added to my 351w ive gotten better gas mileage and better performance :D ive been enjoying it alot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts