Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
College User
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have a darkish 78 or 79? I dont know what color it is. Is here anywhere else to find the paint code besides the drivers door jam? Here is a pic to help out. And the reason why I need paint.

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
even if you find the right color it will still look messed up because all of the old paint is probably somewhat faded/discolored :shrug unless you repaint the whole truck anways on a side note keep up the good progress on that bronco! :thumbup

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,864 Posts
Marauder is exactly right gb1!
You will be wasting your time trying to match that paint.
I'm looking at 3 different degrees of sunfade (at least) just in that little pic of the area.
Do yourself a favor and paint the whole rig. If you can't do it now, but want to cover the spot. Use the red primer and leave it until you can do the whole rig.
There is NO WAY you can do a color match worth your time on that old paint.
Once yer ready to paint the whole thing... then choose your favorite red. :beer

·
Registered
64 Posts
:stupid Good advice!!! l'm proud of my bro's here :rockon

·
College User
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Squatty, I will prob paint the whole truck in the future, and yes the paint has faded some but it is on the 3rd coat of paint and I can get it close to a new shine by buffing it. Use my detail skills on my trucks not other peoples.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,774 Posts
dude, your siggy is gone too. im E++ or maroon. that light sand color is really really close to almond at walmart. i did my top for $5. if only they had cheap metallic too. i think i will do the truck over in tan & brown instead of maroon. unless i find cheap metallic. theres always camo.

my siggy is back!!

·
College User
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is not T couldnt find 2M. Dont think it is maroon to light of a red for that.

**Hey the sig lines only appear once per page to keep clutter down. **

1 - 9 of 9 Posts