Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So after I received the 5.5" superflex kit from JBG I called because there were no shims included as noted above in my previous response to my original post. The response above from someone I talked to at JGB telling me that the springs were designed to set the correct angle. After installing the leafs I discovered this is absolutely incorrect as the rear pinion angle was severely different from the driveshaft. So I called again and someone else told me that the stock block/shims need to be used. So I installed them and still have over a 12 degree difference between the driveshaft and pinion angle. I'm going to try a 6 degree shim on each side to move the pinion angle up 6 degrees which I assume should also move the driveshaft angle up 6 degrees. Is it correct that the final pinion angle should be 1 to 1.5 degrees under the driveshaft angle? Should I install the shims between the axle and stock angled blocks or on the top of the stock angled blocks under the leafs? I figure under the leaf would be better because the pin is longer under the leaf than under the block. Is it correct to use the stock angled blocks with shims or should I get shims with more of an angle to eliminate the stock blocks that give me extra lift that may be unwanted? I was told that with 5.5" I would not need to have the driveshaft lengthened which is why I'm concerned about having the 5.5" springs plus extra height from the stock angled blocks and shims. Thanks

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't tried the combination of stock angled blocks and 6 degree shims because my driveshaft is too short with the extra inch of lift the blocks give. I'm currently waiting for 10 degree shims and will let you know how those work.

·
Premium Member
603 Posts
I hate these post, unfinished, no follow up. Anyone got any idea if I'll need a specific degree Shim?

JBG Superflext 5.5 lift, axle is 8.8

·
Ford Hoarder
I own a bunch of Broncos 10 or so . Lol
1,500 Posts
I hate these post, unfinished, no follow up. Anyone got any idea if I'll need a specific degree Shim?

JBG Superflext 5.5 lift, axle is 8.8
Bumping this back up because I want to know also

·
Registered
424 Posts
No idea on the shims, stacking shims is not a great idea. Hack those spring perches off and weld on a set of ruffstuff or whatever brand perches at the correct angle. It will be more durable, safer and you could get it exactly where you want it.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,880 Posts
I just picked up some 6* shims for my ProComp 4" leaf springs. i will also retain the stock wedge.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts