Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 90' Broncos factory shroud was missing from my truck when I got it.

I have somewhat low cfm dual electrics currently and their shroud doesn't cover the core.

I'm curious if somebody can tell me what diameter the fan opening is on a factory 5.8 radiator shroud. As in distance across the circular opening to tell me what max fan blade size would fit.

Also, interested to know what the width and height is that the factory shroud covers on the radiator core. Mostly interested in the width, and if it covers the entire core almost going tank to tank width wise.

Any help very appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody still have their factory shroud (88 through say 90's, mines a 90)? That could possibly tell me the width on the core that the shroud covers? And maybe toss a tape measure across the fan opening and tell me what that is?

Anybody? Any help here very appreciated as my truck doesn't have this and I'm a long ways from any salvage yards.

Thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good question.

Well, you see whats going through my mind is to try to use one of the Lincoln Mark VIII single electric fan that flows more than like 90% of the aftermarket setups at approx. 4000 cfm. The pics and measurements I have of the Mark VIII fan tells me, plus some pictures of one mounted on a Bronco radiator, well................that its shroud doesn't cover the whole core. Not really close either. Maybe adequate yes, but I'm thinking if the factory Bronco/F series shroud covers the core better that I could mount the Lincoln fan possibly in the Bronco shroud for the ultimate suction off the core as well as looking kind of more stock at a first glance under the hood. In theory my idea sounds like the ultimate setup for airflow through the rad.

That make any sense?

·
Try it now!!
9,122 Posts
408Bronco said:
Good question.

Well, you see whats going through my mind is to try to use one of the Lincoln Mark VIII single electric fan that flows more than like 90% of the aftermarket setups at approx. 4000 cfm. The pics and measurements I have of the Mark VIII fan tells me, plus some pictures of one mounted on a Bronco radiator, well................that its shroud doesn't cover the whole core. Not really close either. Maybe adequate yes, but I'm thinking if the factory Bronco/F series shroud covers the core better that I could mount the Lincoln fan possibly in the Bronco shroud for the ultimate suction off the core as well as looking kind of more stock at a first glance under the hood. In theory my idea sounds like the ultimate setup for airflow through the rad.

That make any sense?
Your saying that 4000CFM through the whole radiator will give increased performance over the 4000CFM going through the section of the radiator covered by the smaller MarkVIII shroud.

I'm not sure the end justifies the means in your case, its still the same amount of air goign through the radiator, albeit a smaller area.

408Bronco said:
You still in Daytona???? Been thinking about looking into moving there possibly, eventually.
HIJACK
Dont. Good place to visit, crappy place to live. Unless you're in real estate. The hurricanes last year sparked a wave of demolishion and rebuilding. The 30 year old small seedy rundown hotels are being replaced with 10+ story condos. The market is here, lots of demand for housing and its driving real estate prices up big time.

A friend of mine had 100k in the bank from scholarships and school loans he was able to get cash for since he got free tuition because his dad worked for the school. He got his real estate license, took that money and bought a couple houses. 6 months later after installing central AC and minor other things, he was 250k positive equity on them. Mostly due to appreciation. He's done so well he ownes 8 properties now, and estimates his net positive worth will be 1 million dollars next month.

Not bad for a 21 year old in one year.

Anyway, unless its business/real estate/money related...wait a few years until its done being cleaned up.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kf4amu said:
Your saying that 4000CFM through the whole radiator will give increased performance over the 4000CFM going through the section of the radiator covered by the smaller MarkVIII shroud.
It does increase the radiators ability to transfer the heat to the air better the more of the core is having the air flow over it. I just personaly don't care for the particular shroud the MarkVIII fan has, and the fact that it is not pulling from a large area of the core is all the reason I need to explore possibly putting that fan into a stock Bronco shroud.

Not dead set on it, just an idea. Plus as an added bonus at first glance it would look a touch more stock under the hood which I see as a positive. Albeit a small one.

So, any measurements of a stock shroud????

kf4amu said:
HIJACK
Dont. Good place to visit, crappy place to live. Unless you're in real estate. The hurricanes last year sparked a wave of demolishion and rebuilding. The 30 year old small seedy rundown hotels are being replaced with 10+ story condos. The market is here, lots of demand for housing and its driving real estate prices up big time.

A friend of mine had 100k in the bank from scholarships and school loans he was able to get cash for since he got free tuition because his dad worked for the school. He got his real estate license, took that money and bought a couple houses. 6 months later after installing central AC and minor other things, he was 250k positive equity on them. Mostly due to appreciation. He's done so well he ownes 8 properties now, and estimates his net positive worth will be 1 million dollars next month.

Not bad for a 21 year old in one year.

Anyway, unless its business/real estate/money related...wait a few years until its done being cleaned up.
Your friend is doing very well it would seem.

I need to possibly look into getting a real estate license.

So, still need some OEM Bronco shroud measurements please :thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts