Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

20021 - 20040 of 20091 Posts

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
94 XLT 351 E4OD 4" Superlift 88 XLT AOD about to put on 4" Pro Comp lift
2,766 Posts
Tore out the exhaust today in the 88 to rework my ghetto-ass cobbled together system from when I was 24 and had no business doing the exhaust with a dozen bs Pep Boys adaptors and clamps. Seems like I’ve made every mistake possible on this truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
429 Posts
Replaced the rotors and pads up front with a drilled and slotted rotor kit from Hart Brakes(drilled and slotted). Regreased the bearings while I was in there since they didn't need to be replaced.
Also painted my grille and headlight bezels black with a gray U.S. flag over the weekend...turned out better than expected.
Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
I’ve been getting a rattle coming from the rear tailgate and it’s has gotten worse after the last few wheelin trips. The support brace for the factory tire carrier was rattling against the tailgate so I dug up the hardware, trimmed the bolts, cleaned them up and threaded them back into the tailgate. Problem solved.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Got her all waxed... Note to anyone wondering, I give that fortify shine armor a 2 out of 10. Good for glass, my monstaliner, and some chrome but didn't do jack it claims for paint. Not worth the money
But... Good ole fashioned turtle wax has her all shiney and beautiful again
View attachment 160891

View attachment 160890

View attachment 160892
I really like Meguiar's products, they seem to be really good quality for the price.

Sent from my Hush-98 comlink

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,343 Posts
I really like Meguiar's products, they seem to be really good quality for the price.

I have i some ethical ssues with 3M who's owned Maguire's since 2008. I prefer to spend my money elsewhere... Use to be a Maguire's fan, not so much any more.

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
447 Posts
I did just minor things a waiting for stuff to get in:

installed a 175 a mega fuse into alternator charge wire, to be safe here.

bled brakes again, as wheels do not even block on gravel roads, I did just see a very little air bubble at passenger side rear caliper.
After I did rear, I pulled Pin at prop valve to bleed fronts.
Refilled fluid and that’s it.

today I will haul my new „used“ tank in. 600km total distance

2AE80BB4-DA23-47C6-8C18-501D32282682.jpeg

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have i some ethical ssues with 3M who's owned Maguire's since 2008. I prefer to spend my money elsewhere... Use to be a Maguire's fan, not so much any more.
What ethical issues are you referring to? I might be dissuaded from purchasing their products in the future if I found their moral compass to be faulty.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,445 Posts

Try race glaze there buffing compounds are water soluble so wash out of all the hard to reach nooks and crannies.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Not buying their products anymore. There's a guy on IG that I get my TIG cups from that made some made some passive aggressive racist comments who I'm probably going to stop purchasing from also.

Best way to boycott is with your dollars 👍

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,395 Posts
Best way to boycott is with your dollars 👍
I work in the environmental field, and I can tell you it's not just 3M. There are SO MANY companies doing similar things. I won't mention any names, because many of them are clients of my consulting firm, but it's hard to find manufacturers of any product that haven't been involved in similar environmental issues.

20021 - 20040 of 20091 Posts