Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

20061 - 20080 of 20091 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
166 Posts
Ugh, nothing worked right today. I stopped at the supplier of all tools cheap and Chinese and picked up a cheap sandblasting setup and some flap discs for the angle grinder. Nether are going to work well for cleaning up my rusty rims. The blaster is too gentle and too slow/media hungry, the flap discs are too aggressive. I'll be going back to the wire wheels for the majority of it and maybe just sand blast the cracks.

I installed the trailer jack wheel I bought a couple of days ago for my matching truck bed trailer and was able to roll it about 40 feet trying to get it into the garage before the wheel popped off.

The trailer doesn't quite fit into the third garage bay. I'll have to wait until I sell the boat before I can get it sheltered from the elements.

Oh well, at least I was able to get the trailer inspected so I can move to the next level of paperwork in trying to get a title for it.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
I did the same a few months back and noticed a significant difference...still some play but much improvement.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,395 Posts
What 3 amber lights are those in the grillle?
I put those in last year when I put in the headlights. They’re Amazon LEDs. I tied them into the marker light circuit so they’re on with the parking and headlights.

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
318 Posts
Replaced the air flapper on the flexalite fan shroud and washed the Bronco.

·
Registered
1996 Bronco XLT 5.8L
152 Posts
Got my spare tire cover today. Looks like a factory cover from Ford. This place is located in Florida and shipping was less than 5 days! They make them in all sizes and many colors. sparecover.com/fordbronco is the site if anyone is interested.
This is where I got mine based on your recommendation @Tom S. Thank you!

Really good quality btw.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,037 Posts
Yo! @BikerPepe'

or
Stainless with fittings. Outstanding. Thank you kindly sir. Not sure how I didn't at least find the LMC option. Have you purchased and ran these NPD pre-bents? Just wondering if I'm better off with the kit or the pre-bent for fit. Nothing special going on and the 400 should be identical to the 351 for this application.

@Desert Bronco no need for the JY trip but thanks again bud.

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco swapped in 91 351w efi aod trans slowly working on improvements
15 Posts
To begin with when i went to change the rotors the ones i had ordered from Hart brakes were the wrong ones although it had said they would fit manual hub 86 broncos. so i ended up returning those and getting some other Hart rotors that said they were for auto hubs (although mine are manual so not sure whats up there cause they fit). Once i got the right rotors i tore into it one evening after work...pulled the wheels off, took the hub assembly off. This is held in by a circlip on the splined axleshaft surface and a ring on the inside surface of the hub, might have to clean a bit of grease to find it... Then i took the spindle nuts off (there are 2 nuts with a toothed ring with holes in it in between the two nuts to keep everything locked together) and pulled the hub along with the rotor and caliper. Since i got just the rotors and not the hubs i pounded out the lug studs and seperated the two. I checked the bearings and repacked with grease and replaced the grease seal on the back side of the hub before i put the rotor on. As soon as i had taken the lug studs out i stuck them in the freezer to make reinstallation a little bit easier. Pounded the lug nuts back in to hold the rotor and hub together then stuck it back on and put the spindle nuts back on and torqued em down. I then pressed the caliper piston back in with a channel lock pliers (worked okay) and put the pads on. Put the caliper back on and then the wheel and all done...

link to the rotors i used- [FRONT KIT] Black Hart *DRILLED & SLOTTED* Disc Brake Rotors +Ceramic Pads F1687 | eBay

i really like them so far

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
447 Posts
well,,, look into my project, the brake light switch tried to burn down the car, which could be avoided...... luckily- now I am in czech republic enyoing a production plant shut down (which I have to execute)

anyways, @BroncMom

here is pic for ya, sorry, got none from installation, but really giving the lower compartment a nice look:

the cover on left is driver side, the right one passenger, nicely fitting to heater box "snorkel".
good quality, easy install, as it has rubber on the backside.
If you place it correctly and push at the places where there will be screws you can mark the rubber and then have to use a screw driver pushing the hose through and it will be no hassle to install it perfectly in the original screw position, without any glue.

161.jpg

·
Super Moderator
6,619 Posts
Stainless with fittings. Outstanding. Thank you kindly sir. Not sure how I didn't at least find the LMC option. Have you purchased and ran these NPD pre-bents? Just wondering if I'm better off with the kit or the pre-bent for fit. Nothing special going on and the 400 should be identical to the 351 for this application.

@Desert Bronco no need for the JY trip but thanks again bud.
Pepe', I've used the prebent from someone but honestly can't recall who I got it from.

·
Registered
1978 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400/C6 92 K documented miles &1994 Bronco,XLT 85K original miles
935 Posts
Installed the Sniper distributor. Why couldn't Ford use an offset drive like Chrysler....

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,445 Posts
Wasn’t on the FSB per say, but it’s FOR the FSB, and I had a “little” help today, yarded the axle off the spare parts F150, still gotta pull the 4 inch pivot drops off the cross member but after the axles I’ll be needing a couple drinks and a hot shower for my shoulders and lower back.
3370DED0-B4FC-4AF5-94C0-59084CAF2CAE.jpeg
9F287840-4C46-49C5-AEF9-6ED693768610.jpeg
3D283E33-740F-4D58-927C-3E2DA569B3A8.jpeg
3CE4D1B5-1D45-48EB-B852-377A43A1C719.jpeg
Got it lowered with stands, blocks and I’ll put some more timber on the front tires cuz tomorrow my fat ass will be all the way under it without suspension on there, and no there not harbor fraud jack stands, there from the military when the father in law was in charge of the motor pool (perk was he got first dibs on retired equipment) about 35 years old, they have held up probably a combo of 100 different cars, trucks, vans, trailers and RV’s over the years
7158B55A-2B4C-44B1-8C1A-794F05898503.jpeg

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
166 Posts
Picked up a hitch mount bike rack from CL since my old strap on unit doesn't fit with no body line to hook into at the top of the back. It should allow me to take the kiddos to the park to bike without hooking up the trailer.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,445 Posts
since my old strap on unit doesn't fit with no body line to hook into at the top of the back.
That’s gotta be the best accidentally “dirty” sounding thing I’ve ever read on here yet!! :LOL:;)

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
447 Posts
cwegga what ever you do with your strap on's - seems to make you happy!!! o_O

Did do nothing to the car, but ordered fittings allowing me to install a fuel return line to the tank.
The part in the pictures will be connect through the tank wall after drilling a hole and then a fitting to press the return hose on.
ordered all in dash 06, equaling to roughly 8mm inside diameter of hose, which is the same as of now.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
429 Posts
Haven’t done much lately. Kind of needed to take a break and miss it lol. Got my “rare” 89 grill badge in to find out my new grill from rock auto used the newer badges which is convenient but would be AWESOME if they told you that when you ordered. Plus eBay doesn’t do returns apparently so I’ll be selling a mint 89 badge if interested lol. FYI, no one makes new ones lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,395 Posts
Haven’t done much lately. Kind of needed to take a break and miss it lol. Got my “rare” 89 grill badge in to find out my new grill from rock auto used the newer badges which is convenient but would be AWESOME if they told you that when you ordered. Plus eBay doesn’t do returns apparently so I’ll be selling a mint 89 badge if interested lol. FYI, no one makes new ones lol.

Too big? You may have to buy a whole grille for the badge and then sell the empty grill to get some money back.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
429 Posts
No it’s just completely different with that “skirt” on it. I’m sure someone will need/want one. My old grill and badge are going to be wall art in the man cave lol.

20061 - 20080 of 20091 Posts