Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

20081 - 20100 of 20121 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Ohio joined 19 other states not requiring front license plates. Our Little Tyrant governor signed the bill that included the provision last summer, then tried to get it reinstated, but couldn't get it done. Removed plates from 3 vehicles, they look much better. Here's the Bronco.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,054 Posts
Finally got her in to Melody Muffler in N. Idaho. Guys been doing my exhaust work for decades. I decided my unmodified 351W didn't really need a 3" pipe that was only coming out behind the Flowmaster and went with the cheaper, 2.5" with a shiny new tip. Doesn't sound quite as deep anymore but I'm not trying to impress anyone and with one CAT gutted and the other removed completely... it's still louder than oem. My only concern was keeping it up as high and tight as it could be and he did a fine job for a good price and with a quickness, as usual.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
After a year of fine tuning my sound system (and electrical system) I finally decided to build a new center console with a Sundown SA 10vs 1500w woofer.
The center console has a 1cu/ft sealed fiberglass enclosure, hidden amp rack for a Kenwood 4channel amp, removable panel for switchboard and cupholders.
I'm still working on the fiberglass and final design of the center console but this might give you an idea of how it is shaping. This is just mocked together to give me something to study. Any suggestions???

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,412 Posts
After a year of fine tuning my sound system (and electrical system) I finally decided to build a new center console with a Sundown SA 10vs 1500w woofer.
The center console has a 1cu/ft sealed fiberglass enclosure, hidden amp rack for a Kenwood 4channel amp, removable panel for switchboard and cupholders.
I'm still working on the fiberglass and final design of the center console but this might give you an idea of how it is shaping. This is just mocked together to give me something to study. Any suggestions???
View attachment 162591 View attachment 162593 View attachment 162594
That looks pretty nice! I bet it’ll look even better after all the glass work and sanding/painting. My only input to that is make sure the amp can breathe and put a grille over that sub!

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
That looks pretty nice! I bet it’ll look even better after all the glass work and sanding/painting. My only input to that is make sure the amp can breathe and put a grille over that sub!
Thank you. I hear you on the sub grille. My dog but a foot through my last sub, (another console) jumping into the back seat. Having some trouble finding a grille to fit the Sundown so may go with a sheet of 1/2 or 3/4” lexan. I’m also going to wire in some fans to pump in some fresh air to the amp. Lots of sanding in my future. I love the smell of Bondo.

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
454 Posts
good job, looks like precise craftmanship!

did do nothing, just watched the catalogue of whatsapp pictures my wife sent me from home about all the parts that arrived.
should be all there to install new sender and new tank tomorrow plus a return line fitting with some dead end hose.
Further new brake light switch arrived and I can then re-do the burned down part of the harness - I am not looking forward to it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Got randomly unsubscribed from this thread again... I guess we're just going to have to get used to that since our support seems to have disappeared. Not that they ever gave a s**t in the first place.

Lots of cool stuff going on out there in Broncoland!

Today I installed the manual T Case shifter, in preparation for swapping in the manual T Case tomorrow.

Whatever sealant Ford uses is good stuff. I destroyed the block off plate getting it off...

At least Ford trucks are fairly modular... makes these kind of swaps pretty easy.
Shifter in... just need to hook up the linkage when I get the T Case in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know what you mean when you say Ford uses some good sealant.

I threw in 3 body mounts in my 84 and let me tell you the other one's are getting taken to the shop to be put in. One of the bolts broke coming out and the other two were so rusted it took me thirty minutes to unscrew one of them. At least the ride is going to be smoother now and I can finally take her off road again.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
295 Posts
I wrote a check for $980.
Had the water pump and temp sensor replaced. The only gauge not working is fuel.

Replaced the steering box with a Motorcraft rebuilt unit. Still has a little play but a Borg steering shaft from Jeff’s is on the way. That I’ll install myself😎
A969C4EA-8FA5-43D3-A649-4EBB59287242.jpeg
51F14BF5-E77C-4E99-B440-AC4A5F8D0CBC.jpeg

·
The Tennessee Warden
3,412 Posts
I wrote a check for $980.
Had the water pump and temp sensor replaced. The only gauge not working is fuel.

Replaced the steering box with a Motorcraft rebuilt unit. Still has a little play but a Borg steering shaft from Jeff’s is on the way. That I’ll install myself
Ouch...although it may have saved you a lot of headache with broken bolts, so sometimes it’s worth it. Hope the steering box serves you well. The Borgeson shaft helps too, but be prepared for the different feel. Without the rubber coupler, you feel every wrinkle in the road. I can feel the tread of my tires lol.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Got my transfer case separated from the trans (had to use a come-a-long), and strapped to the transmission jack... and our monsoon season started... now I'm waiting for it to stop raining (and lightning/thundering) so I can finish the swap. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
174 Posts
I moved the boat out of the garage, and the truck bed trailer I need to work on, into the garage with the Bronco. If I strap up the door to get that extra 5 inches of clearance, and make sure I stop before the mirrors hit the sides, it fits!

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
454 Posts
Ouch...although it may have saved you a lot of headache with broken bolts, so sometimes it’s worth it. Hope the steering box serves you well. The Borgeson shaft helps too, but be prepared for the different feel. Without the rubber coupler, you feel every wrinkle in the road. I can feel the tread of my tires lol.
From what I have seen, they make one with the dampener and one without. Is there a reason to go with the one without the dampener? @MS88Bronc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
The Tennessee Warden
3,412 Posts
From what I have seen, they make one with the dampener and one without. Is there a reason to go with the one without the dampener? @MS88Bronc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m sure it would be fine. They make good stuff. I have one without, but the one with the coupler should be great also.

·
Registered
1986 Ford Bronco, 351w with edelbrock aluminum top end and holly 600.
2,302 Posts
Cleaned up one of my sliders and repainted. Two coats of rustoleum industrial primer and 3 coats of rustoleum truck bedliner. Going to get the other this weekend. Also continuing to map out wiring for a new relay and fuse panel in the engine bay to power coil, electric fuel pump, and choke. Cheers. Also noticed that with the engine out and y 4" lift my front driveshaft hits the tranny crossmember.....hmmmmm.

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
2,360 Posts
Got some awesome new visors 😁 @BigBlue 94 found them for me (he's so awesome 👍). From a 90s f150 in eb mocha that almost matchs my dash pad perfectly, and with the center tabs so I can stop whacking myself in the forehead every time I turn a corner... Plus...No more taped up ratty visors 😊 and one less project👍
I'll have to take pix of the install tomorrow.
Thanks Sam ❤

20200701_185407-1.jpg

This picture really doesn't show it but the new visors were actually the same size.

20081 - 20100 of 20121 Posts