Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

20241 - 20260 of 20313 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Got some clear on the inner fender. I love how this Spraymax clear lays out for small jobs.

Clear is still drying in the picture. Start working on the outside of the fender hopefully this evening.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I finally got around to installing some used Warn Premium front manual lockers and gave it a test drive in a local flood control channel here in Stockton. It's good to finally have 4x4 again even if it only has open diffs for the time being.

Reactions: SRWillis

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,228 Posts
Drove it to work a couple days 'cause it hasn't moved since I blew the power steering hose back in August, aside from a test drive around the block. Discovered on the way home last night that the rear passenger turn light wasn't working again. I had cleaned up the grounds back there early in the summer due to dim response, now here we are again. In the process of troubleshooting, I pulled on the harness coming up to that corner and... bright blinker. Aha! Somewhere down in that wrap over to the other corner is a short. No biggie. Ran a whole new wire to the back from the connector just outside the firewall. Take that, 42 yr old harness gremlin! Was going to remove the trailer socket fiasco from the PO and run all new wire to the back anyway, so now I'm 1/10th done!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Due to a mysterious coolant leak (cracked timing chain cover) Replaced timing chain (too much slop) and cover, harmonic balancer, thermostat and housing along with the water pump. I found it to be a pretty straight forward process however pressing the balancer back on was a bitch, the rental tool will not work for my application so I had to Macgyver it with a floor flange however when it was time to remove the tool the adapter that comes with the kit got stuck in the crank, removed the balancer and started over, this time made my own install tool for under $20. 5/8-18 threaded rod cut to 8in. three hex nuts, two to lock bar and one to drive balancer on and a 2.5 in washer. Spent about 16 hrs. on it half of the time I Was driving around getting the pieces to make the press tool, local hardware stores did not have the rod had to go to a specialty Nut and bolt place. Proud to say the Bronco is galloping down the road better than ever new chain and Harmonic Balancer made a world of difference on how smooth it runs. Timing chain cover being cracked was a blessing in disguise. I don't recommend it but in my case self medicating with some cold beverages and pain medication got me through this project. 20201003_132009.jpg 20201003_145453.jpg 20201003_145545.jpg 20201003_155934.jpg 20201004_170256_001.jpg 20201005_131240_001.jpg 20201005_135845.jpg 20201010_084658.jpg 20201003_120411.jpg

·
Man of endless projects
9,286 Posts
went to salvage yard today. got greeted by a supersize id defiantly did not expect. a SuperDuty Dana60 already half way pulled. so now i have one of them probably for my 88 bronco or maybe my 96. not sure yet. might even sell it because they go for over $1k around here

also got a free reman 3G 130amp alternator for my 88 because they didnt see it at checkout. and i got interioer molding pieces for my 90 F250 i been needing awhile.

·
Joisey don't smell funny
1,228 Posts

·
Man of endless projects
9,286 Posts
That thing sitting up on those rims... I wouldn't even lean under for a peek with that setup. 💀
every vehicle is like that. some only have 3 holding entire vehicle and not in ideal positions. thats just how most yards do them. i had to use the A-frame lift to lift the vehicle so i can relocate them further back in order to get the radius arms off. it left the fornt of the truck singing by a flimsy chain. but thats how its done

·
Registered
511 Posts
That's how they sit all the cars up off the ground at every pick n pull, pick your part, u pull etc etc. At least at the ones I've been to out here in California.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,629 Posts
That's how they sit all the cars up off the ground at every pick n pull, pick your part, u pull etc etc. At least at the ones I've been to out here in California.
Here too. Many of them here are welded together so they are a little sturdier.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The stacked wheels they sit the cars on have always been welded together from what I've seen. I've never seen the wheels welded to the vehicles though.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I actually drove it. Over 2 years shuffling between various shops, etc, I’m so close I could heave. Got the bumper and sidesteps back from the shop....and they lost the bumper and hitch pads....finding replacements now. Got lots of thumbs up and the inevitable “hey OJ!”. I’d like to point out that a certain murdering thug from LA in 1994 did NOT drive a XLT SPORT...and said thugs was a ‘93...just sayin”...anyway, just used the Zaino glass polish inside and out, looking good!

·
Registered
1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer, 351\ 5.8L, C6 Auto, Original front and rear axle and gears
20 Posts
I broke mine. I think my fuel sending unit in the tank overheated and fried... But took the interior trim and tire carrier off for new paint and touchups. Trying to add new upholstery to the headliner also...

·
Registered
240 Posts
Modified a mustang o2 sensor extension to fit the bronco. Now it's stopped throwing the code for the sensor. Now I just need to get it tuned and delete the downstream sensor

·
Registered
529 Posts
With much thanks to BigBlue. After a 2 1/2 year search, I finally found and installed all original rear seat hardware! Not that anyone is going to see it but I’ve now got the springs and rather elusive rubber topper for them. All shiny and as new looking as I could get it! Ignore the missing a screw/washer on drivers side. I got them all in and snug!

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
755 Posts
Did do nothing yesterday.
still farting around with my 4wd issue:

when I put it into 4wd once - the rear wheels turn normally but front wheels block and then turn, and block again and turn....

to me this indicates a different rear axle diff ratio (ring and pinion) than up front.

This I will need to overcome, before the new engine comes in.

here is status from Sunday:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Got my tire patched because of a stupid nail.

Got my passenger buckle reinstalled with help from @BigBlue 94. That bolt helped a ton. Now I won't get bitched at by my girlfriend for no seatbelts.

20241 - 20260 of 20313 Posts