Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

20261 - 20280 of 20313 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Also bought a lincoln mk viii fan. Should free up some power. Just another project to tackle now.

·
Premium Member
1991 Ford Bronco, w/95frontclip, 6"Superlift, Deaver J40 springs, 35x12.5 K&N, 3"Bassani
405 Posts
Installed some new MasterCraft Baja RS seats up front.

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,776 Posts
Took an FNG out hunting and the logging roads dislodged a tire plug that has been in the tire for about 4 years. It was only slow leaking so going to the tire shop tomorrow instead of hunting. I parked it in front of the shop leaker on a block filled it to 50psi and put a jack stand under the axle. I’ll get to it tomorrow.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Found a steering columb in a 95 f150 and an Econo van today so I pulled mine out and will go back tomorrow. Hopefully one or both are still there in the morning.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,629 Posts
Installed some new MasterCraft Baja RS seats up front.
Are they similar to these? I like them pretty well insofar as they keep you firmly planted in the seat when wheeling, but they aren’t exactly comfy/cozy on longer trips. It probably doesn’t help that I’m a little “wider” than I used to be lol.

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,566 Posts
Are they similar to these? I like them pretty well insofar as they keep you firmly planted in the seat when wheeling, but they aren’t exactly comfy/cozy on longer trips. It probably doesn’t help that I’m a little “wider” than I used to be lol.
FYI Corbeau makes a wide model for us full size gents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
1,776 Posts
Took it for a drive in the woods.
B0E6B13C-20BC-46DA-BDC9-144204A25FE4.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
755 Posts
did do nothing again, however I got two 10 liter cans, allow me to drop diff oil tomorrow to count ring and pinion tooth :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Had some new mufflers installed. Went from flowmaster 40 series to dynomax ultraflos. So a 2 chamber to a straight through style. The ultraflos are a little quieter at idle but you can hear the cam a bit more. Under acceleration they seem a bit quieter until WOT. At WOT I think the ultraflos may be louder. Cruising on the highway is similar, the ultraflos are pretty quiet under about 2300rpm then from 2300-2600rpm 65-70mph they are about the same as the flowmasters. At above 2600rpm the ultraflos settle down a bit.

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,566 Posts
Thanks for the recap - good to know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
96 XLT 5.8 E4OD 4in lift with 35's
43 Posts
Went out today to find a puddle of antifreeze in the drive way. Started it to see if I could find the problem and saw leaking from what looked like the water pump. Just what I really wanted to do tomorrow but got lucky and it turned out to be the by pass hose from the thermostat housing to the water pump pissing out from the back of the hose!

·
Premium Member
1979 Bronco Ranger XLT, 400m engine, C6 trans, D44 front with Dick Cepek manual locking hubs
755 Posts
Got rear half axles out and removed 3rd member... 3.16 ratio.... well

·
Registered
529 Posts
Got really tired of the dreaded clunk on the “slip yoke/joint” so I climbed under there with my trusty 12mm ratchet, 12mm wrench, PBlaster, the Motorcraft blue lube and pulled driveshaft and cleaned it all up and fixed it! Amazing difference. Works like a charm now..I really recommend doing this if you have a clunk in your driveline.

20261 - 20280 of 20313 Posts