Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

20341 - 20360 of 20409 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Finally got the title in my name, and also discovered how Bronco Graveyard's weather stripping isn't too great. The rigid top weather strip had to be trimmed, and was bulkier than factory, and the vent window weather strip...I will let the picture speak for itself.

View attachment 169211

Will definitely not be swapping the passenger side for time and I know it seals properly, though some tape will be involved for repaint on the frame.
Hardest thing I’ve done on this Bronco, by far..

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,791 Posts
Found that pesky rattle I’ve been dealing with for a while now. One corner of the heat shield on the cat (tranny side) broke its little tack weld. So I pulled it away a little so it wouldn’t touch that spot and rattle. Damn, that noise was annoying, and a little embarrassing I don’t mind telling ya!

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,848 Posts
Damn, that noise was annoying, and a little embarrassing I don’t mind telling ya!
You're among Bronco-brethren. It's all good here brother. ;)
I've found a few of those pesky buggers and felt like...

·
Registered
1979 Ranger XLT 400m T18
312 Posts
Love me some Sean Bean, for 2 reasons. Besides being a great actor who's done lots of interesting parts... he's the perfect example why his first name should be pronounced the same as his last.

My legal first name is "Shawn" and it drives me nuts when guys say... "Hi! My name is Shawn." and when I say "That's cool. Mine too. How do you spell it?" and they reply "S, E, A, N." and then I laugh in their faces. In all of my life... I've ever only had one guy with that name agree and I think he was more intimidated than anything else. Poor bastard. Can you imagine being intimidated by a 5'6", 170 lb., overgrown hobbit? Well... to be fair, these days it's probably not the stretch it used to be. 🤣
Maybe it should be the other way...Shawn Bawn...

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
710 Posts
Cleaned the underside really good with some heavy degreaser and scrubbing. I’m going out shortly to start cleaning and painting the frame under the truck.

On a side note, anyone else having issues uploading pics via Tapatalk??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
377 Posts
Cleaned the underside really good with some heavy degreaser and scrubbing. I’m going out shortly to start cleaning and painting the frame under the truck.

On a side note, anyone else having issues uploading pics via Tapatalk??

what are you using the paint the underside? I was going to do that next weekend and I'm trying to figure out what paint to use.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
710 Posts
what are you using the paint the underside? I was going to do that next weekend and I'm trying to figure out what paint to use.
I used metal clad industrial paint in black. Lays down nice and flat and turned out great. Case on amazon is $60.

·
Registered
710 Posts

After spending like 6 hours cleaning and painting, the frame, axles and skid plates turned out amazing. It took this long because I’m ocd and didn’t want to paint the underside of the truck, only the pieces back from factory.

·
Premium Member
1995 Bronco XLT
139 Posts
Figured out when my fuel gauge reads 1/4 tank it is actually out of fuel. Plan on pulling the pump and see if it is out of gas and bend the float bar.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Early Xmas gift to myself. Got new 33x12.5 tires put on the beast! Love the 33 as opposed to the 31s, rubs the radius arm a little at full lock, like others have noted, but overall great! Also installed a K&N air filter system for a little more HP.
BBA4CBDC-4F8A-44D8-95A9-15472E9E6D48.jpeg
E0EA0E16-7B7E-486F-AE9B-FAFE2A797B4C.jpeg
DF448A48-3FC6-4AC5-A132-826B5BE90317.jpeg
46CE1DF2-5F93-49D4-A687-3D7964E78C37.jpeg

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,848 Posts
Figured out when my fuel gauge reads 1/4 tank it is actually out of fuel. Plan on pulling the pump and see if it is out of gas and bend the float bar.
You're probably dead on but just incase... a long since banned member with one of the most informative SuperMotors sites put together a little tech page on problems with the fuel guage, caused by electrical issues. Might be worth a quick read over. 1983 Ford Bronco Fuel Level Sender Repair picture | SuperMotors.net

FYI: Don't let the '83 fool ya. He's got tech for lots of generations.

·
Premium Member
1995 Bronco XLT
139 Posts
You're probably dead on but just incase... a long since banned member with one of the most informative SuperMotors sites put together a little tech page on problems with the fuel guage, caused by electrical issues. Might be worth a quick read over. 1983 Ford Bronco Fuel Level Sender Repair picture | SuperMotors.net

FYI: Don't let the '83 fool ya. He's got tech for lots of generations.
Yeah I looked thru some of his stuff but I missed that particular page. Thanks!

20341 - 20360 of 20409 Posts